Onsite help required

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by pyroxene, May 19, 2005.

1. pyroxene

pyroxene

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am mid house renovation at the moment. I have the opportunity to get the house connected for sound and vision. Essentially i need to pump satellite tv through to all the rooms as well as a projector. All is pretty much clear in the TV signal area, but the big confusion i have is when it comes to one of the lounges where i intened to have a tv as well as a projector. In this room i will have a denon 3803 (main confusion) AV reciever, KEF sub/sat system, denon 2909 DVD, projector and perhaps a slave signal from a satellite reciever or indeed the reciever may be in the same room. I'm not sure whether i am making this clear but the big confusion i have is configuring the denon 3803. I am lost! i know it can do lots of things, but currently i really do not know what cables i need to run to do what i want it eventaully to do! I am wondering whether anyone knows of a consultant / person who would do an onsite visit and help me. I have approached SevenOaksSound&Vision in wolverhampton but there fees are far too high and i really can;t justify this? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance guys.

2. Hairy Herman

Hairy Herman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if you post more specific queries one at a time you will get all your answers here!

3. FaxFan2002

FaxFan2002

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +160
    If i'm reading this correctly you need the 3803 to output two video signals - one to the projector, one to the TV?

I'm not sure, but if you feed in s-video from the sat reciever - the s-video monitor out will work, but it may even upconvert it to component as well so you would end up with two video feeds (s-video monitor out and component monitor out).

Not sure if plugging anything into the s-video monitor will stop the upconverion and therefore the component monitor out.

A bit more detail on kit and available connections would help, but it should be relatively easy to achieve - I can even do some testing on mine for you.

4. pyroxene

pyroxene

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Really appreciate your offers for help. I decided to get all the kit out this weekend and have a little dabble at plugging in various sources and basically experimenting to see what happens. Perhaps, i have been a bit overwhelmed by the back of the amp. It doesn't seem that bad now. I will come back to you guys with the specific questions as i come across them. Thanks again.