Onscreen logos - and the winner is.....

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by LV426, Dec 24, 2002.

1. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,078
    The winner of this year's competition for the most intrusive use of on-screen graphics is the new 'freeview' channel 'The Hits'.

The branding logo (top left) is huge and brightly coloured.

Top right, there is a permanently-displayed 'press red' icon to invite you to read their teletext script about how to request a particular track.

Bottom left (but usually extending most of the width) is a cycling list of their current playlist.

Below the teletext icon there is another line of text.

Close to the beginning and end of each track the track title is displayed next to a huge white rectangle.

I'm not sure if there is actually any picture underneath all of this; I am distracted by all these objects.

It seems unlikely that I will ever call their premium rate number to request a track; because I won't be able to watch it without these distractions.

So, they win this competition. Unless anyone else knows otherwise.

2. Thor

Thor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    LOL :D
    And they think that somebody will actually stay on that channel and watch that rubbish. Top left is a giant RED snowflake this morning. I'll second your proposal that this is the most intrusive award. Just looked at it again. ROTFL :D

3. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,490
    Why don’t you go to the LOGO channel it shows round the clock logos, and in the corner of the screen they show a program that you can acuity watch, trouble is you can’t hear it but is great if you can lip read.
    PS this does not contain logos in it.:D

4. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,078
    I'm guessing that the LOGO channel is either Sky or Cable - neither of which I have. So I can't comment from personal experience.

However, I think they need to be disqualified from the competition. After all, if their primary purpose is to show logos, and they do this without displaying any logos on top of the logos then they have no logos. (????)