• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question only one .ai file appeared invalid

samuelharper

Novice Member
I use Adobe illustrator CS6, I have numerous ai files inside my computer. But I have never seen before such trouble. Three days ago I stumbled upon an issue with opening my .ai file, it showed only blank sheet.

BrookeWalters

Novice Member
I use Adobe illustrator CS6, I have numerous ai files inside my computer. But I have never seen before such trouble. Three days ago I stumbled upon an issue with opening my .ai file, it showed only blank sheet.

I was walking around Google there I stumbled upon an illustrator repair. It might be a solution or not, moreover see guide below.

1. Close Adobe Illustrator.
2. Right-click on the Windows "Start" button and click "Open Windows Explorer, then the file manager opens. Navigate to the AI file to delete.
3. Right-click on the AI file to show the context menu.
4. Click the "Properties" option. The Properties dialog box opens.
5. Uncheck (clear) the checkbox next to the "Read Only" option in the File Attributes section.
6. Click "OK," and close the Properties dialog box.
7. Right-click on the AI file, and click "Delete" from the context menu. Click "OK" to confirm the deletion. The AI file is deleted.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom