1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

only hearing frount and left speakers Yam DSP-e800

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by toby_long, Oct 4, 2005.

1. toby_long

toby_long
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello i am new here

My system consists of:-

Nad C352 Amp
    Nad C542 CD
    Yamaha DSP-E800
    B&W 602 s3
    B&W 600 s3
    Pioneer PDP-435XDE
    Denon DVD-2910

Saving for centre speaker sub and isotec minisub (finding it hard to get excited about this seems an awfull lot of money for what looks like effectivly a 6way)

Anyhow running RCAs from dvd player to yam amp all working fine when watching dvd, but, i have cable tv with ntl it is a samsung box with no pre outs sound is transferd from digi box to pioneer media box then rca down to cable/sat pre out. When watching cable i am only getting sound from left frount and rear speaker and depending on what setting i get very faint sound from right frount and rear?? but all work perfectly when playing dvd.

Any help appreciated, also how do i go about wireing my cd player through it to.

Unfortunatly got the toys but dont know how to work em quite new to this game and this is my first system

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Toby

2. heavenly93

heavenly93

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    >>i have cable tv with ntl it is a samsung box with no pre outs sound is transferd from digi box to pioneer media box then rca down to cable/sat pre out.

What input do you use on the DSP E800 for this!??

3. heavenly93

heavenly93

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Once you have the Center speaker and the sub excitement will start to grow rapidly.

Keep the CD player hooked up straight into your main NAD amp for best sound qualitty when listening audio cd. Surround modes do not improve stereo music.
    If you want to experiment anyway use the dvd player for cd listening with surround.

Feel free to ask on, I also use the DSP E800 and i'm very happy with it.

4. heavenly93

heavenly93

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Also check the cable you use! Exchange it with anotherone just to make sure it's not a cable problem.