Quantcast

Only Fools and Horses (tbc)

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Only Fools and Horses could be back on tv from the son's of creator and writer John Sullivan, who passed away in 2011.

Sons, Dan and Jim Sullivan, have access their father's ideas he had been working on, that could potentially bring back the show's return. At the moment it seems it's just a one-off.

David Jason;
"I've had a quick look at the treatment and it's very good, but I'm saving the proper read-through until there are no distractions. It's not the sort of thing you can muck about with."

In 2012 David Jason revealed that John Sullivan had been working on an episode centering around Del Boy's 65th birthday, with potential in bringing back a lot of the cast.

David Jason;
"The idea of it was Del's 65th birthday," he said. "That was his premise. There was nothing else said. He just wanted to know what I felt. Well, I know Sullivan. I know how he wrote. I just said, 'John, you write it and I'll do it.' I know all of the rest of the team couldn't wait to get back."
David Jason has done a Still Open All Hours special, airing on Boxing Day, so maybe an 'Still Only Fools and Horses' next Christmas?

HMHB

Distinguished Member
God please no! The last few shows they did were awful in my opinion, it just didn't work any more for me.

nwgarratt

They should have stopped after making the millions when auctioning off the watch. The whole series was about "This time next year, we'll be millionaires" so it should have ended there.

HMHB

Distinguished Member
They should have stopped after making the millions when auctioning off the watch. The whole series was about "This time next year, we'll be millionaires" so it should have ended there.
Agreed. That was the last episode that was watchable for me.

Batman2

Distinguished Member
I've just read that it will be a short clip for Sports Relief in March this year, however the clip will be a trailer for a full episode coming later in the year. Also if it does well it could be the start of a new series, but at the moment is just a one of special.

Only Fools and Horses to be revived for one-off Sport Relief sketch - Mirror Online

Only Fools and Horses is being lined up for a long-awaited return to our TV screens in the spring.
Sir David Jason, 73, and Nicholas Lyndhurst, 52, will be back as wheeler-dealer Del Boy and hapless Rodney in March, it has been revealed.
Viewers will see the telly favourites in a sketch – written by the sons of creator John Sullivan, Dan and Jim – to be shown during BBC's Sport Relief.
Hapless market trader Del Boy will be shown becoming an OAP as he marks his 65th birthday with Rodney back in Peckham, South London.
The sketch, lasting only a few minutes, is understood to be a trailer for a new episode.
Filming is expected to start within weeks and test shots have apparently already been completed at Shepherd's Bush Market.
Mr Sullivan had planned to bring the classic sitcom back before his death from viral pneumonia in 2011.
He came up with the 65th birthday idea.
Sir David gave it the thumbs up last month, saying: "I've had a quick look at the treatment and it's very good.
"It's not the sort of thing you can muck about with."
A Beeb spokesman said: "There are plans afoot for a short Only Fools and Horses sketch for Sport Relief.
"Further details will be announced in the build-up to the night on March 21."
Only Fools episode Time on our Hands was watched by a record
24.3 million in December 1996.
The reunion comes after Sir David starred in a one-off of Open All Hours, which pulled in 10 million viewers on Boxing Day.
Earlier this year it was revealed that an episode of Only Fools and Horses that never aired on telly had been unearthed.
Titled Licensed To Drill, the 1984 special shows Del Boy trying to make a quick quid by getting involved in the oil business.
The 19-minute special has dropped under the radar for many fans of the sitcom as it was an educational programme funded by the oil industry, played in some school science lessons in the 1980s, to encourage children to follow a career in oil.

Sarah7

The Sun also have pretty much the same article - as a front page "exclusive" no less!

Goooner

Distinguished Member
Yep, that would've made the perfect ending to a brilliant series, but they had to go and spoil it.

colonelblighty

Yep, that would've made the perfect ending to a brilliant series, but they had to go and spoil it.
Absolutely agree, I have fond memories of this as a child and when it ended with a happy ending it should have stayed ended. There was no reason to bring it back apart from commercial ones and sometimes they are the worst reasons of all.

barnaby jones

Distinguished Member
Yes, was pleasantly surprised by Beckham's performance, was expecting something far more awkward and wooden. Sickening really, there's no end to the man's talent !

Courtjezter

Distinguished Member
It wasn't that good, but it was like putting on an old pair of worn slippers. You know where all the holes are but they are still comfortable. Beckham's acting was still wooden, just not as wooden as other sportsmen or as his own performances in the past.

There were some very nice references in it though, like Del recalling the times he had embarrassed Rodney in the past.

Sarah7

Really surprised by the positive comments - I thought it was terrible, especially Beckham's acting!

The dynamic between Del & Rodney also didn't seem to work any more given their ages, it just wasn't credible and needed updating to something more appropriate.

Nobbler

Distinguished Member
Didn't realise Beckham had attended RADA and got his equity card...I thought he was doing it for the crack and raise some money - never watch anything with him again!:facepalm: