Question Only doubts deciding my audio system

robalrr

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Recently I acquired a new TV. My idea was to acquire a decent audio system (my first hifi system). I thought in a 3.1 initial configuration, next year I will move to a bigger place where I can complete the 7.2 system.

My idea was to buy a Yamaha set:
AVR: RX-V681 or the new 683
Right and left speakers: NS-555
Subwoffer: NS-SW300
Center: NS-C444
Later for rear speakers I was thinking in a pair of:
NS-F150
For middle speakers I was not decide yet.

But I think that system is to expensive, in my country are around $2200 the 3.1 initial system.

So I thought that maybe a good soundbar is enough for me. I considered the:
Sony ht-ct390
Yamaha YAS-203
Yamaha YAS-207
Yamaha YAS-706
The last one is the most attractive to me.

Later I read that almost any 5.1 system is better that a soundbar. I sought the Onkyo HT-S3800 and the Yamaha HTR-2866 (I read it is equivalent to RX-V375 plus entry speaker system) in the supermarket.

Without any doubt the expensive system is the better, excellent AVR plus excellent speakers, but I should not expend that money in a system.

My doubt is that I don't know if the audio quality of the expensive system is so different from the 5.1 systems or the soundbar. Should you give an advice about how to guide my decision? Thanks in advance.

The more expensive system will sound better (all other things being equal and no room/placement issues) but whether it is worth the extra money to you then only you can tell. If possible go and have a listen to each system and see where your value for money point is. I would go for one of the cheaper systems over the soundbar option myself so would listen to the expensive and cheap option to see if the difference in cost is worth it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom