Only Connect

brian s

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
This game show started a new series last Friday on BBC2. This has to be the most savage game show going. At times it's impossible. One for masochists only maybe but we keep coming back.

Are there any other compulsive viewers here?

Bri

Yep I was there with it when it started out on BBC4 :)
Definitely the hardest quiz I know, the only round I'm competent in is the missing vowels :smoke:

You keep going back too? I'm happy if I get as many as three right on my own. My wife thinks differently to me so we sometimes work well as team. Each of us coming up with a different part of the answer.

Bri

Yeah it's good mental stimulation (only other quiz shows I regularly watch are Countdown & Pointless) to counteract some of the other dross I watch :D

I completely forgot to set my recorder for this last night so I thought I'd catch the Saturday afternoon repeat. It doesn't appear to be on. Was it on at all last night or have they missed a week for some reason?

Bri

Yeah it was on last night as usual.
You can catch it again in BBC4 tomorrow at 7pm otherwise it's off to the iPlayer for you :)

I know this show is a big hit with AVF members. :rotfl: So a heads up on additional episodes. As well as the usual one tonight at 8.00 pm there are three more at 7.30 pm from Tuesday to Thursday. My head will explode. Next week's is on at the usual time even though it's Christmas Eve but there's also one on Christmas Day at 5.35 pm. Ideal viewing after the odd port and sherry you'll have had with your Christmas dinner.

Bri

I know this show is a big hit with AVF members. :rotfl: So a heads up on additional episodes. As well as the usual one tonight at 8.00 pm there are three more at 7.30 pm from Tuesday to Thursday. My head will explode. Next week's is on at the usual time even though it's Christmas Eve but there's also one on Christmas Day at 5.35 pm. Ideal viewing after the odd port and sherry you'll have had with your Christmas dinner.

Bri
Thanks for the heads-up. I think it’s the best quiz on TV (although it is the only one I watch).

Rarely, I was miles ahead of both teams last week but then did awfully on the walls.

Victoria Coren Mitchell's got it all - brains, beauty and a ton of money!

Sorry to hijack your Thread, Brian, but whenever I come across a game show on TV I immediately think of Number Wang:

I'd watch that!:smashin:

Victoria Coren Mitchell's got it all - brains, beauty and a ton of money!

Sorry to hijack your Thread, Brian, but whenever I come across a game show on TV I immediately think of Number Wang:

I'd watch that!:smashin:

Only Connect is a little bit more difficult than that. :) Do you actually watch it Derek?

Bri

No, but I think you'll find that Number Wang is the hardest game show of them all as it doesn't make any sense whatsoever!:D

This week it's on tomorrow rather than tonight. We gave up on the sports special edition altogether. What we know about sport can be written on the back of a postage stamp. It's hard enough without adding sport knowledge to the equation.

Bri

'Suits' who won last night were a decent enough team.
Monday night's quiz night tv for me, Only Connect at 8pm followed by University Challenge, if Mastermind was on before Only Connect, I'd be in heaven. The holy trinity of geekery, 3 shows-in-a-row.
I drive my missus mad shouting answers while she tries to read.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Suits' who won last night were a decent enough team.
Monday night's quiz night tv for me, Only Connect at 8pm followed by University Challenge, if Mastermind was on before Only Connect, I'd be in heaven. The holy trinity of geekery, 3 shows-in-a-row.
I drive my missus mad shouting answers while she tries to read.

Spoilers please. I haven't seen it yet.

Bri

Last edited by a moderator:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom