Only after pics,docs & music on a back up hdd, is this possible..? MSOCache,Recycler

deaf cat

Hiya,

I've been backing up for a number of years now and just yesterday the thing got stuck on a file in the "system volume information" folder that I've never come across before, neither the file or folder. The poor thing was attempting all night to back it up, but kept getting access denied, as the back up report this morning showed, so I cancled the back up.

I found the folder among the hidden folders on the C: so I'll look into not backing that part up.

But, how I may delete this file from the back up hdd just to keep things tidy, and is it safe too?

Also the above two (in the title) folders are also backed up which I would also like to get rid off, is it safe and easy to get rid of these on the back up hdd too?

I appreciate an comments,
Many Thanks
DC

BigCam

Hi :hiya:
The System Volume Info folder is used by System Restore so I wouldnt delete it
Just remove it from the backup list
Also Recycler is used by Recycle bin so remove it from Backup list
Re: MSOCache is part of MSOffice you can remove it from Backup drive but you need to use Disc Cleanup to do that not Explorer
Point it to backup drive and run

Select the Office Setup Files checkbox in the Files to Delete list

Also if its only your My Documents folder you want to backup just make sure thats the only Folder thats selected in your Backup list untick the rest

BigCam

NB regarding System Restore and Recycle bin
those are added automatically to backup drive on connection
They can both be adjusted in their settings to use less disc space
System Restore default is around 15% of Drive-suggest reducing to around 3%
Recycle Bin default is 10% of Drive- suggest reducing to 1%

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: REL T9/X Subwoofer + Bowers & Wilkins PI7 Reviews, AV Shows in a Pandemic and more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom