1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ONLY 100,000 XBOX 360's available in the UK

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by gatty-jr-jr, Oct 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gatty-jr-jr

gatty-jr-jr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +66
    joystiq have posted on there website that us in the Uk will only recieve 100,000 xbox 360's in comparison to the launch of the PSP which recieved 250,000. Even bigger stores like Toys R’ Us only have around ten units for sale.

So i guess there will be mass profitering come december like when the ps2 was originally released, I remeber they were selling on ebay for over £1000.

2. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +990
    Oh my word that is low - hope it's not true! :eek:

3. WhiteHartMart

WhiteHartMart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +844
    When I spoke to the Virgin Megastore in Plymouth (and was told I was 2nd on the list) the assistant said that initial communications made them believe they would have enough to cover the preorders plus a few for the shelves!

Think all the hype/speculation is irrelevant until Microsoft officially inform the retailers/the world of actual numbers. To be fair they are going to leave this as long as possible before announcing it!

4. gatty-jr-jr

gatty-jr-jr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +66
    link to website,

joystiq are sister website of engadget.

5. zedzed

zedzed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Does the journalist who's blog is mentioned say that GAME are getting around 100 each - and that it's only the independents who will suffer shortages? Or did I mis-read that bit?

ZedZed

6. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +990
    Very interesting. I'm sure we'll have official word from MS in the coming weeks!

7. Cowden_harley

Cowden_harley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    my mate who is a manager in game shall remain nameless says game have a deal with microsoft and theyll get the majority of xbox360's that come into the uk.

8. steveyg20

steveyg20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think he's telling porkies - The majority? :rolleyes: Perhaps what he means is they are getting the biggest allocation!!! :rolleyes:

9. Cowden_harley

Cowden_harley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    yeah i think thats right.

10. drskhaled

drskhaled

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    Hype, M$ must be lovin it. theyre getting more buzz than the psp release. All these fears of stock shortages do one thing,drive up preorders to make it the most preordered console ever. The PR men will spin this to say the 360 is the most anticipated console ever and sold out on release, breaking records etc etc. All the little kiddies will pester mom to buy one to be the coolest kid in the playground and all us adults will preorder just in case stock doesnt resurface for a few months.

IMO M$ will release plenty of consoles for xmas as that is the biggest selling season for anything (let alone toys). If they fall short this xmas then theyll have potentially 2 more consoles to compete with next xmas. So they need to get a massive userbase this holiday season.

By spring enthusiasm by consumers may fade, so flooding the market with consoles then may not work (it may even put customers off, a shelf load of consoles may lead to shoppers feeling its not being sold hence reduce consumer confidence). Also by spring there'll be footage of ps3 and revo games which might dent sales further.

I guess we'll have to wait and see, I've bought too many gadgets this year (still hiding my lovely satnav system from the mrs), might not be able to justify another box under the telly.......then again she doesnt really go into my study room (aka games room) much so.....

11. domtheone

domtheone
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,275
    That's pretty much why I still expect to be able to walk in a shop and buy one come Dec 2nd.

Naive to think, maybe :rolleyes: but I too believe that $MS will want to sell as many this xmas as is possible which means lot's of 360's on shelves.

12. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,313
    :boring: Are we going to keep talking about pre-orders for the next 44 days? It's such and dull and circular discussion... I'm sure there'll be plenty available on the shelves come Dec 2nd, but 99% of them will be the core system. You'll be lucky to pick up a full fat pack, alot of stores have stopped taking pre-orders. Allocation of machines is largely based on the number of pre-orders taken or historic sales of hardware, so the biggest chain stores will get the most machines.

13. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,727
    :rotfl: You know what, as I was reading down this thread I was getting ready to post a nice big :boring: but you beat me too it! It's marketing people, can't you see?? Do you honestly think that MS would be broacasting it if they were really struggling to meet demand. MS want everyone who is even just considering whether to get one to rush out now and pre-order! They therefore send out scare stories that you won't get one this side of Christmas if you don't!

Judging by the mass panic it seems to be causing in some, it is obviously working! I'd have personally given the games buying public more credit but I would have been wrong.

Anyway we have a thread that is dealing with MS pre-order "shortages" :rolleyes: so can we just all post any new bits of MS "Marketing" in there.

Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.