Quantcast

What do I need to play this online? I have a broadband net connection and a wireless router with adapter (the adapter is only the BT Voyager 1040 though). Is this enough?

Jazz Monkey Jr

Distinguished Member
You will need a wireless bridge for your xbox to connect to the wireless network, unless you can get an ethernet cable from your router to your xbox.

M

mal60908

The BT voyage is a wireless adapter for your pc, to allow your PC to 'talk' to the wireless router.
You will need a wireless bridge for your xbox to 'talk' to your router, or you can use an ethernet cable.

Ok that helps a bit. I have a Bt voyager 2100 connected to my PC via ethernet, so to use the xbox online (wirelessly) I will need a bridge. Is there any one in particular I need to connect with my router?

Razor

Distinguished Member
I am having issues connecting through my wireless router and have to hard wire to connect to any online games. Any suggetions or help.

Cheers :)

M

mal60908

Michaelknell said:
Ok that helps a bit. I have a Bt voyager 2100 connected to my PC via ethernet, so to use the xbox online (wirelessly) I will need a bridge. Is there any one in particular I need to connect with my router?
Any wireless bridge will connect to your router, there is one HERE, I would go this one or similar as it supports 54G, the same as your router.

M

mal60908

Razor said:
I am having issues connecting through my wireless router and have to hard wire to connect to any online games. Any suggetions or help.

Cheers :)
It is better to connect up with an ethernet cable as it is easier and probably a few milliseconds quicker..but I am only guessing at that.

What router have you got, what bridge have you got, what problems have you got?

Razor

Distinguished Member
Mal

I have a netgear 654 router with a netgear reciever/bridge. I am with NTL 3 meg connection. The modem is upstairs, connection is on average 80% strengh.

The problems I am having:

1- Cant connect to allot of people.
2- If I can connect they cant hear me or I cant hear them.

Even with the xbox hardwired other people complain that they cant hear me all the time and I my voice keeps dropping out. I can hear them perfectly. :confused:

BTW I never used to have problems

holtehero

Razor :hiya:

Sounds like you have a problem with the ports used for speech. If you go to the xbox live website and look under support there is a section that lists 3 ports that should be open (here - put these in your firewall to be allowed from the xbox

Alternatively:

A) Enable uPnP on your netgear (it should have this)
B) Put your xbox MAC address in the DMZ of the router, so any traffic to and from the xbox doesn't go through the firewall

Razor

Distinguished Member
Cheers Holthero,

I will give it a bash for tonight, :)