Online wargaming and the Olympics...

Philbill

Standard Member
Reaction score
Since yesterday my internet suffers long freezes and often will not work until I exit explorer or reconnect. As an online wargamer this freezing makes it impossible to play. BT say the line is fine because the speed is good yes it is when it comes through but, as any wargamer will tell you latency or lag is the critical aspect of online play if its bad forget it. I have been playing for years with very few problems, until yesterday. It makes no difference what site I connect to the freezes last for 30s to a couple of minutes. Clearly the correct investment to maintain the service to current customers and the Olympics has been inadequate. I don't like paying for a service that is poor.

There is an awful lot of streaming going on at the moment.
I hope the infrastructure keeps up with the gradual increase in streaming.

Small correction, typical effects referred to as 'lag' are caused by packet loss rather than by high latency (packet loss will show high latency for many measurements as ping packets are also lost, and lost packets are usually assigned a value of 999ms).

I haven't managed a game for the last couple of days so I can't confirm your findings yet.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom