1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Online Vision Mixing?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by JeromeEverall, Jul 13, 2003.

1. JeromeEverall

JeromeEverall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

I've looked around for hardware vision mixing tools and have so far found nothing in my price range, so my question is this.

I work for a company that organises/runs concerts, shows and live performances. We are looking to add "Big Screen" entertainment to our shows, by filming the show with up to 3 cameras and broadcasting a live mix on to two big projection screens either side of the stage.

If I were to build a very powerful computer, with 4 capture cards in (3 x video, 1 x VCR input for VT) and a good quality TV-OUT video card, does anybody know of any software that will allow me to mix the 4 sources together and send a main mix out of my TV-OUT port.

Any help, advice or info about anything that could possibly help me out here would be much appreciated, because i'm stuck for ideas on how to get this done!

Many Thanks

~Jerome

2. DigiStuff

DigiStuff
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi Jerome,

There is only one piece of kit that will do what you want in a PC. Take a look at this company here http://www.planetdv.net and make a search for Video Toaster 2 . It is not cheap but it is an unreal product!!! It will do everything! There is the new version 3 om the way soon so there are some deals on the 2...

Over to your budget now!

Enjoy

Mark T
    www.digistuff.co.uk

3. Duncan Craig

Duncan Craig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    You could try to build something, but if its all reliant on a DIY PC you're in for a bumpy ride.

http://video-van.com/

Look over this website and consider getting someone else to do the work for you, suprisingly cheap I think you'll find.

Cheers, Duncan.