Online via USB?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii-U & 3DS' started by SpookyElvis, Apr 18, 2007.

1. SpookyElvis

SpookyElvis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Am I able to go online with a Motorola Surfboard cable modem through it's USB port? If so, how? I connected a USB cable from the Wii to the modem and nothing happened. Is the modem set to output through its ethernet port only or can I switch between both? Thanks

TCB

2. Moogle

Moogle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    Unfortunately this is not going to work. You can either ...

1) Get the official Nintendo or Datel DS/Wii wireless USB adapter that connects to your PC and allows the Wii to communicate with your internet connection wirelessly. The PC would have to remain on when using the Wii online.

2) Get a wireless broadband router and connect it to your modem assuming it has an ethernet connection and connect directly to the Wii wirelessly.

3) Get a wired broadband router and the official Nintendo or Datel USB LAN adapter for the Wii. Connect the router to the modem and use an ethernet cable from the Wii's LAN adapter to the router.

4) Get the USB Lan adapter and connnect it from the Wii to your PC's ethernet connection with an ethernet cable and use it's internet connection sharing to share the internet with the Wii. The PC would have to remain on when using the Wii online.