Online Storage

General Skanky

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Quite simply, which is the best 'FREE' online storage facility for photos etc?

I just need a simple, free backup facility for non critical data. Fed up trying to use external drives/NAS etc.

Thanks.

What about uploading them to somewhere like photobucket or imageshack?

I think that if you have an account with tiscali(sign up for a PAYG thingy) then you have got some online storage.

Not just photos, pdfs etc and word docs and so on.

Did a google search and quite a few came up, but recommendations are always best.

General Skanky said:
Not just photos, pdfs etc and word docs and so on.

Did a google search and quite a few came up, but recommendations are always best.
General Skanky said:
ie, just found this -

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2006/08/03/aol-to-provide-5gb-of-space-for-free/

But 5Gb isn't enough. I have about 7Gb in photos alone.

Sorry can't help any further. Couldn't you have a of those download squad things.

edit - just read the article and it would appear not as you need an AOL membership.

TBH any Word docs and things of that ilk that I want I just send them to a Hotmail account that I've got specifically for storage. I don't use the address for anything else.

prefere to use ftp myself plenty of people(me included) willing to share some space for free not as much as 7 gigs though... but you wont end up with a 7 gigs worth of characters in the address bar:rotfl:

I use a couple of GMail accounts and just email my files to the account. Quick & simple.

hows about 2 x 5GB accounts seems like an awfull lot you have there, would take ages to upload yet it can all fit on a double layer DVD

Used to use DVD to back up, but found I was constantly reburning new discs.

Also used a Seagate hdd and a NAS unit but too much messing about tbh for my liking.

The absolute simplist method has to be online storage.

Free backup utilities like this make it all easier too.

Don't mind the upload time. Do it once then incremental back ups.

7Gb isn't that much, just lots of family snapshots etc.

Digital cameras are great. Jut need to back it all up.

For any Firefox users out there, there is a new Firefox extension, Gmail Space, which lets you use your Gmail storage as a virtual drive for backup purposes. You can copy files to and from the remote drive using a simple local and remote window system. Thoroughly recommended.

Used to use DVD to back up, but found I was constantly reburning new discs.

Also used a Seagate hdd and a NAS unit but too much messing about tbh for my liking.

The absolute simplist method has to be online storage.

Free backup utilities like this make it all easier too.

Don't mind the upload time. Do it once then incremental back ups.

7Gb isn't that much, just lots of family snapshots etc.

Digital cameras are great. Jut need to back it all up.

they don't have to be complicated. Simple External USB hard drive and a copy of Microsoft Synctoy (free from MS website).

the simplest and most foolproof backup software ever.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom