• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Online storage of music?

D

digitalghost

Hi,

Is there any methods for storing music online, NOT to share (as that would be illegal) but to simply store.

The reason being is that I don't have a burner and therefore no way of backing up my music. If my hardrive crashes I could potentially lose the lot. :(

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks.

Dan L

Surely it would be better to save your sanity and fork out £20 on a burner, and burn them off?

I can only imagine the frustration of uploading a substantial music collection to an on-line backup system over a 256Kbps ADSL line (assuming thats what you have). Plus I'll almost guarantee on-line storage will be more than the cost of a burner and a few discs.

No burner, wow :rotfl: ;)

D

digitalghost

GMail Drive to the rescue, at least as a short term measure.

It's amazing what's out there to help people out.

Nerval

Or 1 and 2 GB pen drives are dirt cheap , if you want to keep the music under your control - just plug into a USB port.

PJTX100

Distinguished Member
Nerval said:
Or 1 and 2 GB pen drives are dirt cheap , if you want to keep the music under your control - just plug into a USB port.

Lot faster than uploading/downloading too!

Especially when upload speeds are often 256K irrespective of the download speed. :)

D

digitalghost

A minimum of 2GB free online storage.

Very easy to use.

Can stored what ever files you like, music, photos, emails, documents....whatever you want.

Just click here.

HTH, enjoy.

kevH

Get your hand in your pocket (or someone elses) and get a decent Pc with decent hard drive or even external hard drive !!:rotfl: :rotfl:

D

digitalghost

Blimey, you guys are obsessesed with having extra drives and burners. :suicide:

I DON'T WANT A BURNER!!!! :eek:

2GB is more than enough to store all my docs, photos and the core of my fav music.

It was easy, I can access the files from any computer anywhere in the world and it didn't cost me a penny!

D

digitalghost

How does it work? Does the computer your connecting to have to be on and connected to the internet?

Uridium

Distinguished Member
Yes.

I have all my Music at home sitting on a an old Compaq Deskpro that I use as a Music server (For Roku etc..)

A small service is installed on the PC that allows a VERY secure connection via my Broadband router from anywhere with Net access and a browser

D

digitalghost

Sounds good, but not really a practical option for myself. I had a look at their back-up facility, but it costs after the 30 day trial from what I can tell.

I'll just have to stick with my 2GB for the time being.

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
But logmein is not a storage service par se. It just allows access to your pc stuff anywhere in the world - no good for back-ups.

Try something like this.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom