Online shops that deliver to Ireland??

hughesy

Hi,

I'm looking to buy the Panny th50pv500 and a philips 37pf9830.

I have seen them on digital direct for very good prices...

Panny
Philips 9830

They only problem is the wont delivery outside mainland uk!!

Was thinking of maybe getting them delivered to a relation in the uk and then getting them shipped via DHL or UPS to Ireland??? Has anyone done this???

Thanks for reading,

Hughesy

acrmorris

Standard Member
Not quite the same, but I've had stuff delivered to my address in the UK then just taken it over to relatives in Galway when I drive over at Christmas. Didn't get stung for duty, but probably worth finding out through HM customs if there is a potential liability on household electrical.

Alternatively, just hire a van for a couple of days and get a midweek deal on irish ferries!

socrates1

I got my Panasonic 42PA50 from this site in Germany, who charged €170 for the shipping. I had to wire transfer the payment. TV was shipped DHL on a pallet.
http://www.audiovision-shop.de/Preise/preise_gb.html
They have the 50PV500 for €3,900. I'm not sure what the story would be on the digital and analogue tuners, not an issue for me as I use only my Sky Digital connection.

This site has also been used by forum members, and is only €90 more expensive, takes credit cards, and will give you the shipping cost online. (I had to exchange e-mails to get mine from the other site)
http://www.technikdirekt.de

hughesy

acrmorris said:
Not quite the same, but I've had stuff delivered to my address in the UK then just taken it over to relatives in Galway when I drive over at Christmas. Didn't get stung for duty, but probably worth finding out through HM customs if there is a potential liability on household electrical.

Alternatively, just hire a van for a couple of days and get a midweek deal on irish ferries!
Was thinking of this!!! But i'm sure you can understand, I would really not want to!!!

hughesy

Kilian Collins said:
I got my Panasonic 42PA50 from this site in Germany, who charged €170 for the shipping. I had to wire transfer the payment. TV was shipped DHL on a pallet.
http://www.audiovision-shop.de/Preise/preise_gb.html
They have the 50PV500 for €3,900. I'm not sure what the story would be on the digital and analogue tuners, not an issue for me as I use only my Sky Digital connection.

This site has also been used by forum members, and is only €90 more expensive, takes credit cards, and will give you the shipping cost online. (I had to exchange e-mails to get mine from the other site)
http://www.technikdirekt.de
Sound good mate, will look them up!! Thanks again :smashin:

acrmorris

Standard Member
It is a fair old round trip! Kilians suggestion sounds good. Especially as the euro favours the UK at the moment.

hughesy

Just priced DHL to send the 2 tv's to ireland, £150 for 27KG (the philips) and £214 for 45KG (The Panny)...

hughesy

Just saw this...Panny

Has anyone used this company?? Or bought anything of this price off ebay???

DFL

Hello Hughesy,

I see you're interested in a PV500. Good choice. I think I have seen a few of your posts before here and you must be relatively interested in HiFi otherwise you wouldn't be on this forum.

I would have trepidation about buying off any of the ebay suppliers. I do notice that the one you are quoting at least has a reputation for selling tvs and it is good with good feedback. Some of the ebay guys selling tvs are total cons. If you look at their past/previous sales, they have been small items like key rings, but they use these to bulk up their +ve rating. (geddit?)

Now, the PV500 for 3049 is v. expensive from you ebay quote. Did you know you can get this tv at Alliance electric on George st. for Euro 3500.

If you're going to spend this sort of money I would buy through a reputable dealer. Someone who will give you customer service and customer support and help you out with Panasonic if there is a problem.

Feel free to ask more questions. Are you sure you want the tv version of the PV500. Have you considered a panel?

If you buy this tv outside of Ireland (except Germany) you were have the wrong TV tuner in your tv. In the 2 countries mentioned, we have an added UHF band for RTE etc. In the UK they only use VHF.

So you wouldn't be able to get Irish tv channels! This might not effect you as you will probably use a sky/ntl/chorus box as your tuner. However if you want your PIP (picture in picture) you won;t be able to have RTE and RTE2 as your PIP!!

Its not a big deal I guess since everyone here uses a tv decoder of some description, but be aware, you're paying for freeview decoders which are useless to you.

I've rambled enough.

DFL

sorry made a mistake there - the 42PV500 is 3500 euro on George St.

OctaviaN

Hi Hughesy,

Well you might try this website:

www.technikdirekt.de

The 42 pv500 your looking at is only €2,492.00 (incl vat)!!!!
I proceeded to run through the order selecting Ireland which im from also, and the Shipping was €70.00.

One thing I translated some text on the specification section of the screen and (the wall mount or stand is optional) so youll need to order the stand, their 190 sterling approx youll still save €600 or so. Im looking at buying the same screen.

Regards,
Nick.

hughesy

OctaviaN said:
Hi Hughesy,

Well you might try this website:

www.technikdirekt.de

The 42 pv500 your looking at is only €2,492.00 (incl vat)!!!!
I proceeded to run through the order selecting Ireland which im from also, and the Shipping was €70.00.

One thing I translated some text on the specification section of the screen and (the wall mount or stand is optional) so youll need to order the stand, their 190 sterling approx youll still save €600 or so. Im looking at buying the same screen.

Regards,
Nick.

Have looked at the site mate but it's the 50" i'm looking at getting. I have contacted them concerning what stock levels are like.

acrmorris

Standard Member
I thought these things came with pan european tuners these days! Does that mean my UK pv500 won't work (properly) in the ROI for terrestrial stations?

hughesy

acrmorris said:
I thought these things came with pan european tuners these days! Does that mean my UK pv500 won't work (properly) in the ROI for terrestrial stations?
As far as i know, the PV model is for european use, and will work in the ROI :cool:

mista

Hughesy,

Just to let you know that I used Audivison De to ship an amp to dublin - They were very good and very professional - Many people in the UK have also used them and I would defintly use them again.

Mista

mickg007

Standard Member
I got mine (TH-PHD850) from Mindware-AG. Cost me €4800. This included a Panasonic wall mount bracket, 3 cards (scart,componnet,HDMI) and delivery.

I had to wire the money over - was very paranoid about doing this. But spoke to a few very helpful guys online (some from Germany) that set my mind at ease. I had the Plasma delivered to Wicklow via an Irish delivery company within a week of Mindware getting the money.

Panel was delivered upright on a pallet. I contacted Panasonic Ireland and warranty is covered here.

Would recommend Mindware-AG big time – you would have to pay close to 7k for this panel in Ireland – and it is €1000 cheaper then the UK.

hughesy

Thanks to everyone for there help!!! :smashin:

keep them coming!!!

hughesy

mista said:
Hughesy,

Just to let you know that I used Audivison De to ship an amp to dublin - They were very good and very professional - Many people in the UK have also used them and I would defintly use them again.

Mista
Any chance of a link cos goole doesn't seem to know????

hughesy

Max Payne said:
Would highly recommend www.katronics.de Delivery to Tipperary in Ireland was only €80 for my 42" Plasma.
Would like any more information you have on this company (or your transaction) if possible max. Seriously good price for the th50pv500!!! €3999(£2700), is it to good to be true???

P

PierreJ

I think that is the total Vat paid on Amount due not extra added on at the end!

All the items have (Including Vat) under the price

It sure beats paying vat @ 21% in Ireland.

hughesy

PierreJ said:
I think that is the total Vat paid on Amount due not extra added on at the end!

All the items have (Including Vat) under the price

It sure beats paying vat @ 21% in Ireland.
Fair enough, Max above recommended using Katronics.... I have done a bit of searching and found a few people complaining about them so i'm not sure i'm gonna go with them.

I have found a company that are currently on ebay and are in the process of setting up there online shop www.entertainmentexclusive.co.uk.

Here is the link to the ebay posting http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5827043699&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1
Currently 1 in stock...

Unfortunetly, people outside the UK have to pay via BT :(

Not dying about this idea, but i do feel confident about this company, and as there is no language or huge distance barrier (as there is with the german companies) i might purchase off these guys...

Also, i was promised free delivery on the second item (philips 37pf9830) when it arrives in stock, they have a back order of 4 at the moment...

It's working out at about €8500 for the 2 televesions delivered

Will keep ye posted

mickg007

Standard Member
hughesy said:
Fair enough, Max above recommended using Katronics.... I have done a bit of searching and found a few people complaining about them so i'm not sure i'm gonna go with them.
Hughesy

I have not seen the PV500 in person, but from what I have read here, the PHD8 is a better buy. As I said earlier, Mindware-AG are doing the 50" for €3599 incl vat - you will need to add your cards and delivery to that.

http://www.mindware-ag.de/angebote_bildschirme_plasma_bildschirme.php

Mick

hughesy

Thanks for the interest mick, from what i've heard is that you have to buy extra boards for the PHD8, so it will accept scart/HDMI etc.

That all sounds a little messy to me, plus I have the wall where i plan to hang the tv prewired for scart and hdmi...(not sure if the boards attach to the tv)

Trending threads

Latest news

T+A expands E-Series with PA 1100E integrated amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins unveils new PX wireless ANC headphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Roku Premiere streaming device with 4K HDR hits UK
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
CTA launches 8K UHD TV display certification programme