online safety for kids?

j0hn

Ex Member
Reaction score
I did a search but couldnt find the right words to bring up anything so please forgive me if this has been dealt with.

I would like to set up XP so its safe as possible for my kid to surf. I have IE, firefox and last night downloaded safari (which Im liking).

Can someone help me so I can sleep a bit easier knowing he isnt going to suddenly google a picture of say an acer aspire with 6 cell battery. Sorry thats a joke LOL ok for those that don't get the joke I mean sexual pictures and stuff and what ever else I'd like to keep his young mind from

thanks for any help

Kaspersky Internet Security Kaspersky Internet Security

and

Norton Internet Security

Symantec UK Online Store - Norton Anti Virus Internet Security - Norton 360 PC Security Tuneup Backup Restore Protection:Download or Physical Shipment

have Parental control built in.

That basically stops kids accessing dodgy websites by typing in words on search engines like google etc.

You can also get the following for free
:-
Parental Control | Internet Downloads | 5 Star Shareware

but not sure how good they are as they are free.

Thats great but if your kids want to search the internet the above won't keep them safe as the above is just a website.

The software in my last post will keep them safe and stop them accessing dodgy stuff from any search engine they use, it will also give you full control on what they can and can't see.

Thats great but if your kids want to search the internet the above won't keep them safe as the above is just a website.

The software in my last post will keep them safe and stop them accessing dodgy stuff from any search engine they use, it will also give you full control on what they can and can't see.

Thank you.

I was just adding it in though. To let people see what I found.

I also found some firefox add on. Two but their names escape me. Useless I know :rolleyes::suicide:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom