Online printing service which offers ICC profiles?

ocdwhiteboard

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Is there an online printing service in the UK which will offer an ICC profile for their services? I'm not talking about a pro lab for commercial things but something like photobox.co.uk? I've emailed photobox to see if they can but not had a response yet.

While I was living in the states I used a company called EZPrints who were more than happy to give an ICC profile for their printers/ink/paper, hopefully someone over here will too.

Owain

I remember seeing a website that listed quite a few printers and gave details of the printer models they used and (as far as I remember) icc profile for those printers... I though I had it bookmarked but can't seem to find it...will have to have a look on my laptop tomorrow.

Hi Owain, Fotospeed will give you free custom ICC's with their paper. Go to their web site and you will find a contact number, ask for Ray and he will sort you out. It doesn't mention the free profiles on their site so you'll need to phone Ray. The profiles are very good, but you'll need to reduce the saturation by about 20% for colour images. As for B&W leave them as they are, there spot on. By the way this is not an online printing service, it's a paper/profiler supplier

ASH1

Thanks for the tip Ash, unfortunately I was looking for a company who would print them as well! :oops:

cheers any way, had a response from photobox today who said that fuji were developing a profile for them which should be available in the next few months so hopefully that won't be too long.

If anyone knows of anywhere else I could try I'd be grateful.

Thanks a lot for that tomson, excellent site. As you say its interesting that photobox is mentioned on there. They do say that the frontier printers (used for small prints by photobox) don't read embedded ICC profiles which is similar to what photobox themselves told me, maybe they misunderstood as I was only asking for a profile so that I could use the proof function in PS, I'm quite happy to convert to these profiles before I send my pics off.

Any way, I should be getting my spyder tomorrow so I'll try a few test prints with those profiles and see how things go, thanks again, very helpful.

owain

let us know how you get on - especially after you've calibrated with your spyder. I've been thinking about getting one for a while, never got round to it though.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom