• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Online PC gaming ??

Flash80

:lease: I know this might be stupid question to ask but where and how can you play PC games eg Medal of honor, commandos etc online for free. I have finally got a decent broadband connection sorted out and i wanted to see what all the fuss about online gaming is about

Broxi1979

You can play all these games for free, all you need is an official game and your away.

I havent played any new games in a while online because my system is no longer up to it. My old faves were Soldier Of Fortune II and RTCW. Awesome fun.

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
Most games should be free if you own the official disk. Only MMORPGs normally require monthly payment.

INSOMANiAC

Banned
If I were you Id get Call of Duty, or Call Of Duty 2, they make a laughing stock of medal honor and theyre dirt cheap now. You simply go to multiplayer and a lobby will appear with all the connected player in. Same for most games. As has been said, you will most likely need the real game for the majority of games as they require a unique cd key.

What you want to be looking for it low ping servers.. ping is basically the time it takes for your pc to 'speak' to the server or person running the game. Most games show the ping of each player or each server when you connect to the lobby. If you join games with a high ping (usually foreign servers) you will 'lag' ie, people will be jumping around and stuttering. This ruins the game for everyone but thankfully as broadband gets faster and faster, everyone starts getting lower pings.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom