Online Pass.

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by Soundburst, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Soundburst

Soundburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,351
    Brother asked me to lend him BF3 to try online as I've been playing CoD and I happily obliged as I wasn't on my PS3 so let him try and play on my old account name (don't want him letting BF3 grace my current PSN). He told me that he needed an online pass and at that point I remembered that BF3 uses that repulsive online pass thing.

I went on EA's website and spoke so a helpful guy called Anshuman who said that the online pass only works for one account. I asked him to clarify that "Even though I own the game, and this is my own PS3, and the account is my other PSN account - I CAN"T play this game online? Even if I were to lose access to my current PSN account and needed to revert back to my old one I'd need to buy a new pass?". He confirmed this.

I wished him a happy new year and thanked him for the help. He then replied saying "Happy new year to you too" and also that he'd offer me a discount on buying a code. I politely declined his offer on the principle of why the hell should I buy another code when I want to play a game I bought, on my ps3, on my personal account and said Goodbye (I obviously didn't say that too him as he's merely a support guy, I just said I'd no interest in buying another code for something I own as I found it disgusting).

However, someone on the BF forum has said that that support guy didn't have a clue what he was on about and the online pass counts towards one PS3.

I take it that the EA guy was speaking the truth and the BF forum guy is talking crap?

Are online passes allowed on ONE account only?

2. Fmrl

Fmrl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +408
    Unfortunately, most online games seem to be going this way, it's not just BF3. I think its possibly Sony's way off recouping some of the (perceived?) lost revenue from second hand sales and the rental market. As a consumer I'm against it but there's not really much we can do about it - I'm guessing the publishers, distributors, etc. have worked out that the passport method of revenue protection outweighs the potential loss of sales due to boycotting.

3. Bane

Bane

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    This is not illegal.....but all you do is log on the different PS3 with your current PSN....download the online pass again it's in your download list...sign out and change your password incase your brother goes on your account.

The online pass will install on that PS3 and anyone can use it. :thumbsup:

4. Foster

Foster
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,488
    Since early 2010 the pass has been in probably 90% of the games and yeah the reasons behind it is what you said.

5. Soundburst

Soundburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,351
    Got the online pass working thanks for all the help. . .was nice being able to watch someone else play BF for the first time and listen to their views. . .was watching my brother play and these were his first two deaths (I was able to take photos as the killcams are quick but this time I had my camera ready before he died).

The first guy seemed to be perched on a 1cm thin pipe half way up a building with half of himself in the wall, and the rest balanced amazingly with great accuracy on the steal pipe. . . the second guy was able to maintain perfect balance and accuracy with 70% of his body floating in mid fair.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I left after that. He played for about half an hour before giving me it back.

6. Fmrl

Fmrl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +408
    Okay, bye then.

7. Mr Noble

Mr Noble
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,969
    So we have established then you and your bro are pants at battlefield

If someone kills you doing that on a pipe make sure you give them a wide birth or learn to deal with the fact people out there will use any means necessary to get a kill no matter how unsporting that may be.

Stick to the wii lad

8. Soundburst

Soundburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,351
    Ah the old "it's the users fault when they're killed by a glitch in a full release beta" argument. :hiya:

9. Fmrl

Fmrl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +408
    So instead of moaning in the BF3 moaning thread you thought you'd just start another thread and moan about it in here instead? :rolleyes:

10. Bane

Bane

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I hate to comment on skill as I respect all skill and play with everyone irrespective of SPM or KD.

But don't you think that FPS games aren't your strongest games? I am wondering because you seem to complain about players using certain guns all the time.

If they fork out £43 of their hard earned money don't you think they have the right to use that gun? In BF3 I get killed by different guns ALL the time. You really need to get your practice shoes on and actually try to play.

I use loads of guns as I like variety and it's easy to do as you can do it in between respawns. Fella you need to calm down a bit and actually try rather then moan all the time, I don't like to read the same old point that you make( I do respect it) and I agree with you the wall glitch, but I know where players use that exploit now and it's easy pickings.

For the benefit of the forum as you are getting on everyone's tits can you please stop moaning? We all know your views of both MW3 and BF3 by now.