Online insurance quotes

Mylo

Distinguished Member
Having bought a new car this morning, I decided to get a comparable insurance quote before speaking to my broker.

The quote website said my new number plate belonged to a lower spec model than the one purchased :eek:

How accurate are these sites ? What if the car has once had a private plate and then been assigned a new plate ?

Bilbob

Double check you did input the number right... I know it sounds like a stupid mistkae to make, but I did the same, but on checking, I got the reg wrong...
If it's got a 'normal' plate, they are registered in batches, so it might just be the next or previous on in line, as it were...

Also, AFAIK, the insurance companies don't get their info from the DVLA, they get it from their own shared databases, so if the last owner told thenthe wrong spec, that's how it'll be recorded.

Digger

Having bought a new car this morning, I decided to get a comparable insurance quote before speaking to my broker.

The quote website said my new number plate belonged to a lower spec model than the one purchased :eek:

How accurate are these sites ? What if the car has once had a private plate and then been assigned a new plate ?

Try a few more online sites. If they come up the same you defo need to visit the Seat dealer you just purchased from.

See you on Watchdog. . .:D

co55ie

Its quite easy to get the info updated.

I used to own an evo and the log book just said Lancer 4 wheel rigid axle or something no mention of evolution etc etc.

I phoned up the log book peopleand sent them the sales invoice detailing the car and they ammended the details accordingly.

I own a new Audi quattro at the moment and there is no mention of quattro or 4 wheel drive on the log book.

Mylo

Distinguished Member
After the initial problem everything went well :thumbsup:

Managed to get a decent quote to use as a bargaining tool with my current insurance company. They at least new what car it was :D

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom