online gaming ??

Flash80

I know this might be stupid question to ask but where and how can you play PC games eg Medal of honor, commandos etc online for free. I have finally got a decent broadband connection sorted out and i wanted to see what all the fuss about online gaming is about

Sinzer

Distinguished Member
Yes, nearly all online PC games are free, with the exception of MMORPGs.

However, you will find limited support for older games, most FPS's need to be fairly recent to have a decent online community. What games have you got?

Flash80

thanks for the reply. I have found medal of honor - allied assualt, return to castle wolfenstein and commandos 3

marlowdrummer

for medal of honor, try this server 83.98.225.71:12203

It's the [33rd] Clan's Euro server, usually well patrolled for hacks and bad language. Everything is kept (or we try to) to PG-13.

marlowdrummer

simonfitba

It depends how good you pc is.

But for first-person shooters I'd go for these...

Arma: Armed Assault... realistic gameplay, massive areas to explore, different types of games (coop, CTF, CTI etc) but with a slightly slower pace for the more mature Scottish gamer. :cool: My pick but you'd need a decent graphics card.

Battlefield 2 or Battlefield 2142.....one is set in the future, one isn't. Slightly faster gameplay than Arma but much smaller maps.

America's Army.......this is definitely worth a try considering it is FREE and can be downloaded. Smaller maps again which usually involve close quarters battle.

All of these are free to play online and are great fun.

Knyght_byte

Distinguished Member
Counterstrike:Source

part of the Half Life family of games, available by going to www.steampowered.com and downloading the Steam software, then you can purchase whatever you fancy.....

CS:S has a nice big following, loads of maps, mods etc around, variations on the game such as Warcraft servers where you can level up etc....mad fun....

its main theme tho is terrorists versus counterterrorists, even number of players per team (could be 5, 8, 10, 15, 20 or even 32 on the biggest servers) and then a map scenario, normally bomb planting or hostage rescueing.......if you read up a little on it before rushing in to play you'll pick it up quite easily, however people online can be very good and you'll die a lot to begin with...heh...but dont give up, persevere and you'll get a good bit of fun out of it ;)

Knyght_byte

Distinguished Member
aye, its so simple in its structure, which means most people can pick it up to a certain level fairly quickly, but its replayability is enormous because you want to get jusT ONE MORE KILLL>AAAHHHRHGGGHH

hehe

oh and dont be scared of hackers.......on my current favourite public server we are Hacker Killing Giants :D

(we plead with admin to let them stay, then team up with the opposition to trap the hacker somewhere and nade him to death :D we killed one 20 times before he finally gave up and left in annoyance the other day...hahaha)

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom