1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Online cheaters getting me down

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by bob1, Jan 20, 2004.

1. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    Anyone one know a good online game to play without loads of people cheating?
    I used to play unreal tournament but don't play anymore because of the high volume of cheating, these pleople just spoil the games.

2. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,851
    I've often thought that some people are just too good on UT2003 but can't see what they could do to cheat. Do they have a special version of the game running or something ?
    I too hate cheating of any kind.

3. BBCuk2day

BBCuk2day
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its usually a seperate prog (i think i never cheated) they run in the background!!

As for games wi no online cheaters ya aint gonna find any! However if ya look for games that support/implememnted punkbuster that cuts them down a lot so much so you will prob never play a cheater but ya will see them get kicked as soon as they enter the server :) Games that support it that i got are Americas Army and Enemey Territory both free download games :) there are other but dont know which!

4. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    Rainbow six 3: raven shield supports punk buster in their 1.51 patch.

5. Daftboy

Daftboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Gave up playing online because of cheaters.

Is COD cheat free or not? I might go back on if it's OK.

6. flibb

flibb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Think Steam for half life has a load of anti cheat stuff in it. I mostly play DoD and it works a treat after some slight install problems.
    Cheers
    Jon

7. BBCuk2day

BBCuk2day
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Lol steam didnt the hacker get the source code for it when he hacked in and got half life 2? If so there will be loads of cheats undetected!

8. Synchronicity

Synchronicity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    Cheating is rife on line unfortunately and even with programs like Punkbuster running there will still be people who are able to get round these systems.At the end of the day,punkbuster can only stop cheats that it knows about:nono:

You are definately far better off playing on a server with PB though obviously.

Apparently COD is absolutely riddled with cheats atm,but they are working to resolve the problem.

BBC:yeah,Im afraid you could be exactly right regarding the source code theft:rolleyes: I was trying to be optimistic,thinking that this mega delay was partly down to them modifying various things to ensure the game was secure when it was released but I think Im just kidding myself and this game could be ruined even before its released:suicide:

9. flibb

flibb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Err probably not. The anti cheat stuff appears to be updated each time you load up. Also steam is effectively beta untill HL2 comes out, hence it is constantly updated. Some people hate steam I think it works rather well, and judging by the number of people and servers on it so do others. The only thing I did hear about was a hack allowing servers to fake cheating death, think this has been sorted. Most of the stuff I see that looks like cheating, ends up being down to crap connection speeds, or some idiot running kazaa inteh background. Best way to stop this is autokick with high pings.
    Cheers
    Jon

10. Synchronicity

Synchronicity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    The problem wont be with Steam but the fact that the hacker stole the actual source code of the game,potentially leaving it wide open to all sorts of hacks:(

11. flibb

flibb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I thought that the reason for the delay was to try and sort that. I agree that there will allways be cheats, bit like there will allways be trojans etc out there but steam has the ability to enforce anticheat stuff on all users. Thats got to be good. And I still think that a lot of suspected cheating is connection related. A mate in my old clan was accused of cheating and banned from a server, I was sitting next to him at the time and was innocent. Think it was the server as it crashed about 15mins later, but at the time the clan running it were convinced he was guilty.
    I tend to play on a select few servers and havent seen anything I was convinced was cheating for ages. I have been accused of cheating myself, this gave me a warm fuzzy fealing as i once again pulled off a kar shot against some idiot who kept going to the same place.
    i suppose im just a bottle is half full type person, and also knowing thers another bottle just around the corner helps :)
    have fun
    Jon

12. mxs

mxs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    You could take up chess, and actualy interact with people one on one. ;) but i must admit I do not like computer games period.

13. flibb

flibb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Err what? Bit of a strange place to post if you dont like computer games. And when I want to inetract with people I prefer going down the pub, to a nightclub or out on club days shooting or 4x4 events. Then again if I want some one on one thers allways the wife.
    Cheers
    Jon

14. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,221
    I can’t see the point of cheating you might as well not play the game the only thing you accomplish is ruin the game for the other player.

Cheaters are just plain selfish.:thumbsdow

15. Synchronicity

Synchronicity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    LOL,I think your in the wrong forum m8:hiya:

I must admit Im baffled as to what they get out of it;surely if you have to use a cheat to win then your just confirming that you are a crap gamer:confused:

Lets all just be optimistic regarding hl2,Im sure Valve will do everything they can to ensure their game will be as secure as possible seeing as this is probably going to be the biggest game launch in history(imo anyway):smashin:

16. Adrenochrome

Adrenochrome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    I cheat (but never online) because i enjoy gaming(but am a crap gamer).

I use it to try and relax myself in the evening and if i didn't cheat then i'm afraid it wouldn't be relaxing.

I have only recently taken to playing ut on my home network and my 13 year old daughter whups my you know what :rolleyes:

I now play this(badly) online without cheating and enjoy it immensely.

I guess the point i'm making is that when i cheat i only cheat myself and no-one else.

So imho this makes it ok:laugh:

Adrenochrome.

17. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    Ok then it looks like its all over the place these people just like to spoil the games.I play ut2003 most of the time and it seems almost cheat free but some people are cheating and it will only get worse as time goes on,unreal tournament is a total waste of time.Anyone wanting a cheat free game on unreal tournament (if you don't cheat)i would host a game on friday's if anyone is interested.

18. Solar

Solar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +477
    people cheat all the time, and this is the site its all from
    www.unknowncheats.com
    http://unknowncheats.tk/
    this is the reason i play enemy territory - so far they cant get past punkbuster

the site is down atm, lets hope its down for good

19. pcdoc

pcdoc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Have a go at Everquest, no cheating on there. one or 2 find a couple of game exploits but they are soon jumped on. Make lots of new friends too.

20. Synchronicity

Synchronicity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    Might help stop the cheating spreading if you didnt post links to sites like that m8:rolleyes:

Punkbuster is very good but not perfect:( unfortunately there will always be determined people who will be able to get round these systems.

21. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,107
    It is not hard to find cheats on the net.

Personally, I rarely saw true cheaters on CS..... I have already detailed in other posts that most people considered cheating are not they are just good players. I know because I got called a cheat loads :p

If you have used a hack, half the time the see through walls is more disorientating than playing normally. Aimbots are a problem though.

22. Solar

Solar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +477
    yeah true
    i played mohaa for about 8 months and was called a cheater all the time, even got banned from a few servers.
    Then i thought f*** it if they think im cheating i might as well do it for real so i used a opengl hack and started use the sniper more, funny though after that no one asked if i was cheating !!
    Because of the hack i got bored and annoyed with the game so i stopped playing, cheats RUIN games for you and for others so whats the point ?

a lot of genuine players do get called cheaters all because of the lamers who realy do cheat

23. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,107
    Hehe, it was very satisfying to be called a cheat. Yes, you could exploit the game a bit, someone would shout how the hell did you shoot me through that wall.

Of course they wouldn't realise that their gun was poking out the side of the wall/crate so you would just shoot into it and hit them.

Also, once you played it for a while, you would know most of the camp spots, quite often I would come round a known spot for n00bs already shootin, would then get called cheat.

There are cheats out there, however they are usually pretty blatant about it. And like you say once you use them you realise how lames it makes the game.

24. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,221
    My mate is one of the top players on the CS leader board if not the top one and he gets called a cheat by lamers because he is so good. Yet many a time it is them that use cheats.