Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Online Camcorder reviews?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by RES999, Jul 7, 2002.

1. RES999

RES999

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are there any decent camcorder review websites? I'm especially looking for reviews on the Sony DCR-PC8 and other similar models.

Cheers,

Rob

2. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,375
  3. Matt F

Matt F

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Get yourself a copy of this month's What Camcorder magazine - the PC8 is reviewed therein.

Camcorder magazine websites do contain reviews but they wait 2 or 3 months before putting the latest reviews on line, presumably to make you buy the magazine.

Along with the Sony, I'd recommend you check out Panasonic's NV-GX7 and JVCs GR-DVP7. In the £800 ish bracket I narrowed it down to those two - I initially went for the GX7 at £775 but my chosen supplier couldn't get any in so I ended up going for the DVP7 at £838 - it should be with me on Tuesday.

Both these models also got excellent reviews in this month's What TV & Video magazine, although the JVC got a slightly higher score for picture quality (4.5/5) so I'm quite glad I changed to that one. On top of this, they quoted prices of £850 for the GX7 and £1200 for the DVP7 and yet I'm only paying an extra £63 for the JVC.

Hope this helps.

Matt.

4. kwippy

kwippy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    matt, ..mind me asking where ya got the JVC for that price?..cheapest i have found so far is £920 !

5. Matt F

Matt F

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    www.rgbdirect.co.uk have it at £829.38 + £8 delivery.

www.prcdirect.co.uk have it at £829.39 + £8.99 delivery.

I didn't actually buy it from either of these but got another place (www.jonesdirect.co.uk) to price match it. Jones do special prices for certain "member organisations" such as the Halifax (although at no point did they check who I work for) and I originally had a Panasonic GX7 ordered at £771 (cheapest place I could find) but they couldn't get hold of these so I went for the DVP7 instead and got them to do a price match.

Matt.

6. Drafter

Drafter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try VidioMaker Magazine. Their online Mag is superb as is their print mag.

http://www.videomaker.com

You may need a password printed in the current print issue contents page for access to some features
    I had one bad experience with a review but overall they do a great job. Always compare facts from several sources.
    Drafter

7. WebReaper

WebReaper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0