• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Online backup that supports network drive

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
Howdy.

I currently use Carbonite for off-site backups at home. It's a good service but it does not support network drives - only local ones. My main computer is my HTPC, and I want to replace the HDD with a SSD. Now, I have about 100GB of files that I want backed up (mostly photos and videos) - using Carbonite these will all need to go on the SSD, which means getting at least a 160GB jobbie or bigger to support them and the OS (windows 7).

If I could put my photos etc on my NAS then I would only need a 40GB-er which would be a lot cheaper.

So - does anyone know of one that supports NAS drives? Or even better, runs as a Java app on the Qnap?

Iccz

Distinguished Member
It does not support network drives? Even if you map the drive to your computer? Would that not make it think that it is a local drive?

Iccz

Distinguished Member
In that case I've heard good things about Mozy - it's perhaps worth looking into about network drives, I know it can do external drives but can't confirm network drives at all.

Interestingly I found this slightly old article:
How to Map a Hard Drive to a Directory

It mentions Mozy but also mentions about mapping drives to work with Carbonite, unless that has been patched out...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom