onkyo875-a few quick questions

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by avgohar, Sep 2, 2007.

Tags:
  1. avgohar

avgohar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I was thinking of replacing my yammy rxv1500 with the much vaunted 875 but had some concerns/questions:
    1. With the yammy I was able to increase the LFE levels for its analogue inputs without affecting levels for all other inputs(i.e digital) will the onkyo allow me to do same?
    2. I read that the onkyo runs quite hot-does that mean that the protection circuitry will kick in now and again ( my room is quite warm) if the unit becomes too hot?
    3. Given that for the time being the decoding will be done in my bd player and all the onkyo does is to amplify the signal will the sound be much better than im currently getting from my yammy?
    4. I read that forthcoming bd players from sony will allow you to send a raw signal over hdmi to onkyo for it do the decoding AND amplifying - i thought that the way most bd titles were authored you weren't allowed to do this?
    5. Finally- Ive been reading a lot about the onkyo, does it really kick ass as much as all the reviews say? or should I wait and see what yamaha come up with?
    im sorry if these questions have already been answered but a little help would help me decide whether to buy or not