ONkyo674 HDMI Audio Problems

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by krish222, Apr 23, 2007.

Tags:
  1. krish222

krish222

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Experts,
    I was very excited to hook up my new SR674 receiver to my brand spanking new Samy PS50 plasma.

The idea was to have a single HDMI cable running to my TV carrying both Audio+Video.

Sadly, I do not get any audio when I select the HDMI input on my TV. Its works fine with the Component outputs from the Amp.

The Setup is as follows :

Sky-->Scart--->Liteon DVD recorder ---> Scart-2-Composite convertor--> DVD input on Onkyo Input ---> HDMI--->Samy PS50

I have tried selecting/pressing the input selector several time with no joy and also enabled the HDMI out on the hardware setting as suggested in the user manual to get Audio out on HDMI.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

2. scart2

scart2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a SR674 but I don't have a TV that will decode audio from it..
    but looking at the manual it suggests that...

if a HDMI signal with audio (e.g. from a PS3/DVD player) is fed in to the Onkyo, it will pass it out via the HDMI output providing the HDMI Audio output is set on.

If the input source is not HDMI I don't think the Onyko is clever enough to insert the audio. Which is not suprising as it's the device that supposed amplify it.

3. Boggsy

Boggsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I have had SkyHD hooked up through mine using HDMI all the way and the audio does come out.

The purpose of the amp is for it to supply the sound. Therefore I very much doubt that it will take non-HDMI sound input and put it out the HDMI output. But I've not confirmed this.

I believe you'll need to run some form of audio from the amp to the telly if you want to here sound through it, even if HDMI from amp to telly. Your problem may then be that you cannot assign a audio input to the HDMI because the telly expects the audio to be up the HDMI.....catch-22 as they say.

sorry

4. eastman3000

eastman3000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Just had a quick read of this post.

But basically I dont think your running any audio from the scart 2 > to the amp. Your using a scart to compnsite conversion cable - these usually dont have an audio L+R leads with them - so ure possibly not givving the amp any audio. Solution would be to run stereo RCAs from the back of the sky box or DVD recorder or both!