Onkyo Zone 2 output

MitsiTurbo

This should be very quick I would have thought...

You cannot use the Zone 2 speaker outputs in a 7.1 configuration which it says in the manual. What it does not mention is Bi-amped fronts in a 5.1 configuration which im assuming will not allow zone 2 to work either?

This is on a 605 by the way.

Thanks

John

thenicklouse

Zone 2 powered or not?

MitsiTurbo

Zone 2 powered or not?

Sorry nick, its using the actual speaker outputs for zone 2, not the pre-outs to another amplifier. In wont let me turn zone 2 on in the setup menu. Im assuming thats what you were asking about?

Thanks

John

thenicklouse

Sorry nick, its using the actual speaker outputs for zone 2, not the pre-outs to another amplifier. In wont let me turn zone 2 on in the setup menu. Im assuming thats what you were asking about?

Thanks

John

I have not got to playing with the zone 2 yet but i had a feeling that
Notes:
• When bi-amping is used, the AV receiver/AV amplifier
is able to drive up to 5.1 speakers in the main
room.
Might limit things. need to play ;)

samip

If you are using the front bi-amped, you can't use the zone 2 (because the amp only has 7 channels and you are using 4 of them on the front speakers). I want through the same issue a few months ago !

Thanks

John

eddiem74

Found this thread, and have a Onkyo 605 Zone 2 related question so thought I'd ask.

Can Zone 2 only play analogue ?

I have a 5.1 set-up, and feed the Amp SkyHD and a HTPC via HDMI/Optical/Coaxial, however the only sound I can get from Zone 2 is the Tuner/Radio. I realise this is most likely as other feeds are digital, however anyone got around this ?

Are all Onkyo's amps this way ?

Cheers for your thought's ! :smashin:

james.miller

the onkyos have 7 channels of amplifications (from the 605 to the 905). this means you can either have 5.1 + powered zone two, or 7.1 + no zone two power, or 5.1 w/bi-amped fronts + no zone two power.

you can still run the zone two line out to an external amplifier though.

edit: also yes, only analogue unfortunately. i think i have a solution but it wont work on the 605 because the 605 doesnt have pre-outs.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom