1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Onkyo unleashes new budget AV receiver

Discussion in 'Technology News' started by The News Bot, Jul 15, 2005.

1. The News Bot

The News Bot
    News Supplying Robot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +435
  2. lewi

lewi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    An interesting review. Price down and claimed quality up BUT Onkyo's marketing guys are sailing close to the wind with a statement that says

" With Sky due to launch its High Definition TV service in 2006 the TX-SR603E’s trio of wide bandwidth (50MHz) component video inputs (plus one output) will shortly come into their own."

It may well be able to access non-encryted HDTV from Sky but as I understand it, unless its got an approved HDMI socket it won't allow you to view alot of Sky's planned HD output.

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    more importantly as far as i am concerend is 100MHz Bandwidth is normal for AV recievers so that may be something to do with cost down spec up...................

4. KS Rai

KS Rai

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hallo

As you know Sky's first HD PVR will feature analogue component output as well as HDMI outputs.

According to Sky you'll be able to watch all of Sky's HD channels at launch, via the analogue component.
    outputs...

http://hd.sky.com

Re component video bandwidth: actually 50Mhz bandwidth is more than adequate for HDTV since a 720p/1080i signal requires a theoretical maximum of around 37Mhz.

As I understand it the US experience is that, in practice, a bandwidth of just 22-25Mhz often suffices...