ONKYO TXSR674E output problems HELP!

P

Pezza j

Hi all

I am just setting up my system for the first time and having problems out putting my DVD signal via my ONKYO TXSR674E.

My TV is a Samsung LE40N7
DVD PLAYER IS Goodmans GDVD148HDMI

I can connect straight from the DVD player to the TV and play films in 720p & 1080i no problem.

I am connecting to the ONKYO via the HDMI in and to the TV via the HDMI out with no other devices connected.

I have managed to get the signal to the TV a couple of times through the ONKYO by just connecting and disconnecting the HDMI cables. It seems to adjust and pickup the signal. But this has only happen twice. If I switch it over to another input and switch it back the picture has been lost.

The signal seems to get the the receiver ok. I have connected it to just a speaker with the DVD player connected and it outputs the sound. Then I connect the HDMI out to the TV and it seems just to stop in it's tracks.

The ONKYO and the TV dont seem to be compatable? Can this be true? is there some setting I could change?

I am really struggleing on this to the extent where I am just going to change the receiver. It's new and don't really want to do that.

Any help would really be apppreciated?

Many thanks
Pezza

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom