Onkyo TXSR506 Problem....

County1883

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Got the above AV set up with the rest of my gear for the first time and something went drastically wrong.

Firstly, it seemed as if i had to turn it up a great deal to get a decent sound, this was with SD i may add. I then kept turning it up until (i know now) the maximum which it then decided to "blow" and turn itself off.

Anyone know whether i could have blown it or is it a "dodgy" box?

FYI, the Speakers are CA S70.

Cheers

Lee

hi i have the same model and really need a bit more information ? you were on SD you mention so were you feeding in the sound via rca/phono to your 506 and it was a low output into your speakers ? so you turned it right up. mine when viewing any source and feeding in the sound in via rca/phono will drive me out the room at "50" on the volume control. the 506 needs sound in via rca/phona as it doesnt support sound via hdmi, you'll need the 606 to do that.

not a good idea to try and drive any amp av or otherwise flat out, but not sure if its just shut down and a power down and disconnect the mains and startup will reset it i'm unsure ? or a possible blown component ? does it power up at all or completly dead.

just a thought did you run the auto-setup feature with the mic on the first switch on ? and i know its a silly statement but what speakers are do you have connected just fronts / front-centre /front-centre-rears-surround ?

if its completely dead and the fuse in the plug is ok then i dont think you have much option but to send it back

Last edited:
Hi
I'm new into this forum, and came up as I was researching on the Onkyo 506 I'm planning to purchase.

I am planning to buy the Onkyo SR 506, and I hear about its lack of HDMI output to the speakers. Could someone help with how/ what I need this for? Is it a requirement if I have a HDTV, to connect audio to the sourround? And when there is only one output, does it mean the audio will go only to the TV and not through the 5.1? Will there be a situation where I cannot listen to sound on the 5.1 when I upgrade my TV to HDMI sources?

Secondly, wonder if anyone knows about how a Klipsch F1 will play back with the Onkyo 506?

Please help. and Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom