• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Onkyo TXSR range online price drop at Hifix

le54ott

Standard Member
http://www.hifix.co.uk
Been searching for about a week for cheap 605 but came across this as my local sevenoaks does not stock onkyo

The online prices have now dropped and include p&p not sure if they are in stock though.I just ordered a 705

onkyo 605 £340
onkyo 705 £510
onkyo 805 £680
onkyo 875 £850
onkyo 905 £1190

:thumbsup:

le54ott

Standard Member
sorry the threads ive seen were about instore prices and pricematching between hifix,sevenoaks and richer sounds.When i tried on boxing day rs were charging full price for what i wanted and didnt actually have any stock,and my local sevenoaks doesnt stock Onkyo.Because i would have problems with an instore price matching reference (and local stock issues) i couldnt believe my luck when i found the cheapest price (after literally looking all night) on the internet.Just trying to pass on the info of the price drop asap before the other impatient post christmas buyers all pay full price.ps.sorry if i have repeated other posts :0)

zpos

Established Member
Well I for one am grateful to le54ott - saved me a trip into town this morning.

Yes I'm lazy but it's always a hassle getting into town especially when the sales are on.

z

Andrew Mogford

Prominent Member
sorry the threads ive seen were about instore prices and pricematching between hifix,sevenoaks and richer sounds.When i tried on boxing day rs were charging full price for what i wanted and didnt actually have any stock,and my local sevenoaks doesnt stock Onkyo.Because i would have problems with an instore price matching reference (and local stock issues) i couldnt believe my luck when i found the cheapest price (after literally looking all night) on the internet.Just trying to pass on the info of the price drop asap before the other impatient post christmas buyers all pay full price.ps.sorry if i have repeated other posts :0)

I'm not a mod - I was just mentioning it. No biggie :)

As I mentioned on the other thread they have sold out of 605's but will hopefully know when they are getting more later today.

annihilation

Standard Member
They keep changing the website price. Still I think you can get 15% off the site price now, so £395 - 15% = 335.75 (if you call them)

Or go to richersounds and get it for £325.75 :)

Andrew Mogford

Prominent Member
They are not at that price on the website but if you call the store you can get them at that price. Just had a message from them today. They are getting black ones in on Monday or Tuesday next week, but the silver ones will take longer.

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
Funny how their website still says 'in stock ready for despatch' still. Bugs me when websites have completely inaccurate stock indications

Gavin C1

Established Member
If I was to try a price match at Richer Sounds, how much do you think they would knock off the price of the 705?

It's £510 on HiFiX so would I be looking at an extra tenner knocked off by RS or should I hope for more?

I'm going to be buying this amp next week one way or another and any help would be appreciated :thumbsup:

ma1234

Established Member
If I was to try a price match at Richer Sounds, how much do you think they would knock off the price of the 705?

It's £510 on HiFiX so would I be looking at an extra tenner knocked off by RS or should I hope for more?

I'm going to be buying this amp next week one way or another and any help would be appreciated :thumbsup:

They will certainly price match the lowest price i.e. £510 less the £10. They may do you a 'deal' if you are looking at purchasing other kit etc. You can only ask. There price matching is excellent, I bought a VSX1017 which they have up for £499.95 and were happy to match in-store a web price of £319 with no hassle at all.

Gavin C1

Established Member
Just rang Richer Sounds and the guy on the phone sounded confused when I said Onkyo 705. They don't stock the 705 :( He said they just do the award winners, 505, 605 amd 875.

Oh well, looks like I'll have to just order online for £510

Standard Member
Yes very good price!

Am I glad I saw this thread... had ordered at the local sevenoaks for £580 but was told a week later that stock had dried up and it would be another 1.5 weeks before seeing one.

This simply wouldn't do as I have a shiny new pair of MA RS6's to play with (building my first HT)... so after some frantic searching I found this thread and minutes later have a 705 on its way, for £510! And there was only two black 705s left in stock when I called too!

Thanks le54ott! :smashin:

emcm0026

Established Member
When do these offer prices finish? Tried phoning them all day today always engaged, is it just the number on there site for sales that you all are using?

thanks

Ewan

Member 116841

Distinguished Member
Even though we've taken on another 3 members of staff to man our extremely busy internet side of things, there's still only one phone line! As zpos states, the only number to call is 02476 525200 to place an order . This will get you through to Frank Harvey Hi-fi. Just ask for David.

PeteIvy

Established Member
Hi David. Even though the sale has finished, are the amps still available at these prices? Looking for a silver 705 just as soon as my tax rebate cheque turns up. :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom