Onkyo txnr828 & a question about RS

liamgdr

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey, half of this thread isn't on the topic of receivers/amps, however I cant find a sub forum that it would belong in. If a moderator is reading this could you please move it to an appropriate section.

A couple of weeks ago I started to look at TV's for the bedroom, initially I was looking at 250-300 quid used plasma's on Ebay, but as I was passing a Richer Sounds I thought I would have a look at the tellies, impulsively I bought a Sony kdl50-w829, I couldnt be happier with it.

However after a couple of days I was getting fed up with the sound from the TV and decided to get some speakers, nothing to fancy just a 2.1 setup, I decided against a AV receiver as it seemed overkill and I bought a Yamaha as500 stereo amp, Dali Zensor 1 bookshelf speakers and a Cambridge Audio DACMagic Plus to convert all my digital equipment.

I quite liked the amp, but the zensor's didn't live up to all the hype from reviews I've read, for me anyway and when played side by side with my old Kef iq1's they sounded terrible. The DAC Magic with the accompanying bt100 Bluetooth is even faulty, it can only play 3-4 mins of music then it cuts out and needs to be reset, I searched the net and it seems to be an issue with aptx Bluetooth, Cambridge Audio are completely aware of the issue yet they still sell the product.

I'm not impressed at all, the amp is good but is completely useless without the use of the DAC which itself is pants. So to my questions, I bought the amp and speakers 8 days ago and the DAC today, will RS have a problem with me returning all this equipment at once, I've packed it all up in the original boxes.

Im hoping I can get a voucher of £700 which I can put towards a receiver, it must be good musically, have Bluetooth or wifi, or at least have cheap optional accessories to allow the use of Bluetooth and wifi.

Im going to connect, sky+ hd, xbox one, pioneer bpd-51fd bluray and my Samsung galaxy s4 via Bluetooth or wifi.

I've stumbled on the Onkyo txnr828 for £600 but I'm not sure what other options there is around the same price bracket.

Ill be pairing the amp with Kef iq1's a iq2 centre speaker and a Wharfedale sw150 sub.

Ill be popping in tomorrow if I leave it any longer ill have less chance of returning the items, so any advice tonight will be massively appreciated.

Thanks, Liam.

If you bought the items in store then RS are not obliged to give you a refund unless the goods are faulty, even then they can simply offer to repair the goods as opposed to replacing them or giving you a refund. If you'd have bought goods online then you could return them within 7 days of purchase without reason as awarded you by the consumer protection distance selling regulations. As I see it, only the DAC has a fault that would award you a right to return it if shop bought?

As to whether or not RS will facilitate your wish to retun everything, this is up to you to negotiate with them, but you've no legal right to a refund or an exchange of goods in relation to any of the goods bought apart from the DAC.

Richer sounds have a policy where you can return anything as long as it is boxed and complete, I'm just not sure how long you have to return it, this is in-store by the way, nothing to do with the distance selling regulations.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom