Onkyo TX-TR414 advice

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
A bit late now i guess as I have bought it now! however I puchased this amp despite a few people saying it isnt that good but it seems fully featured and was only £150.

One of the issues I read about is over heating but there is plenty of air flow in my cab so that may help.

so what issues should I check out for now to make sure i am keeping it? (I am unlikely to use many of the features so it may be that even if a few things are a bit dodgy it may not affect me)

initially i am really pleased with it, only hooked up my pc and xbox so far and not tried 3d (will try to borrow a ps3 for that next week as i cant seem to get my pc to output 3d for some reason)

multi screen with my tv hooked up to the amp via hdmi and the monitor via dvi directly still works ok however which is good. The amp did turn itsself off once but i may have knocked the remote. it had only been on 5 mins at the time and it has not done it since after 3hrs or more solid use.

out of the box i have not touched the firmware so there may be an update.

thanks for any thoughts, and if i have purchased a lemon of an amp please say now so i can sent back

so far however for £150 I am really pleased

cheers

M.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom