Onkyo TX-SR875 switching off during BD playback

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by brian s, Dec 26, 2011.

Tags:
  1. brian s

brian s
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13,358
    I had a problem playing back the Burke And Hare BD sometime ago through my Panasonic DMR BS850 and 875. The amp would switch itself off at the exact same times during it's playback. I switched the amp off by the master power button and the amp would work again but still cut off at the same times on the B&H BD. I left the amp switched off via the master power button overnight and that seemed to cure the problem.

I had no more bother until Christmas Eve when I had the same problem with the Beowulf BD. Again the amp would always swicth off at the same point. I then watched an episode of Being Human on BD without a problem. I did the master power switching off overnight routine again and it worked again. Although I didn't watch the entire disc I put it on from the start and it played through the problem moment at around 16/17 minutes in.

Today my wife watched the last Harry Potter BD and the amp switched off around 19 minutes in. After switching off via the master power button the disc played through the problem part after restarting it about 15 minutes in but it happened again at 109 minutes.

Has anyone else experienced this and knows what the problem is and how to cure it?

Thanks in advance.
    Bri

2. brian s

brian s
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13,358
    I've just watched The Extraordinary Adventures of Adèle Blanc-Sec BD and it played fine. The first film to do so since the problem reared it's ugly head again.

Bri

3. brian s

brian s
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13,358
    I gather from the lack of response that no one has experienced this problem before. I managed to play Beowulf without a hitch last night so I'm hoping the problem's cured for now.

Bri