Onkyo TX-SR805 7.1 problems

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Brandy3281, Jan 20, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Brandy3281

Brandy3281

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just received my Onkyo, seems to be working fine and all the dolby digital plus logos and dolby true Hd logos are on at the right time when playing HD DVD from my Toshiba HD XE1 However...

On the display of the receiver where it details all the speakers connected i.e. FL Centre FR Surr etc. no matter what surround mode im in these 2 for the rear left and right never seem to be filled in. All the speaker setrup was done and receiver has recognised all my speakers and im getting sound from them all via a test tone but i don't know if im actually getting 7.1

Is it possible to obtain 7.1 from a 5.1 soundtrack or from even a DTS 6.1 soundtrack. Its just that all the other speakers are working fine and that on the display it seems that all speakers are shown on digital display and no matter what i can seem to get the rear left and rear right to be lit up if you know what i mean. Does anyone have any knowledge on their 805 concerning the rear speakers NOT the surround speakers as i have it set up for 7.1.

Any help much appreciated.

2. chic

chic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +871
    it is possible to matrix 5.1 into 7.1 with your amp, i think you need to use one of the THX sound processing modes to do it though, i dont know which one it is though.

3. thenicklouse

thenicklouse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    if the sourse discis not 7.1 you will not get it unless you choose one of the mix up listening modes. Page 76?