• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Onkyo TX SR607,How do I listen to freeview through my receiver

shaky steve

Standard Member
I have the onkyo 607 and have this all setup with all my devices and its brilliant. One problem My TV has built in free view, How do I listen to my freeview through my receiver. I wanted to keep this setup where I only have one hdmi lead running to the tv but the only way I can think of is to run an optical lead from the tv to the receiver which I don't want to do oh and can't do as the receiver only has 2 opticals and both are in use. HELP!!!

Phlog

Established Member
I have the onkyo 607 and have this all setup with all my devices and its brilliant. One problem My TV has built in free view, How do I listen to my freeview through my receiver. I wanted to keep this setup where I only have one hdmi lead running to the tv but the only way I can think of is to run an optical lead from the tv to the receiver which I don't want to do oh and can't do as the receiver only has 2 opticals and both are in use. HELP!!!

You will have to run lead(s) from the TV (how otherwise did you expect to connect the two?).

Whilst an optical lead would be preferable since it eliminates a possible earth loop (a of cause hum), you will instead have to connect a couple of analogue leads - to a pair of red and white sockets on the TV labelled "audio out". On the AV amplifier you're spoilt for choice, but I'd suggest using the pair labelled "TV IN" bottom left looking at the back panel (see: http://images.trustedreviews.com/images/article/inline/10688-txsr607rear.jpg).

Should your TV lack the necessary analogue outputs, then an audio line output is usually available via a SCART socket. If you don't have any of those then you'll have to get an optical switch.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom