Onkyo TX-SR606

stevosssp

Standard Member
going to be buying a tx-sr606 av receiver.

Can you advise me if i have say my sky HD connected or a media streamer connected via HDMI will the sound be through the HDMI cable to the TV or will it come thorough the speakers connected to the sr606.

Stupid question sorry.

chenks

Suspended
it can do both.

if you have it set to HDMI passthru, then sound will go to both TV and amp speakers.... simply turn the volume down to 0 on the amp and you will be left with just the TV sound.

bear in mind that for the skyHD box, you will need to use the optical output on it to get 5.1 audio on the HD channels. 5.1 is not passed thru HDMI on skyHD boxes.

IL Cattivo

Distinguished Member
going to be buying a tx-sr606 av receiver.

Can you advise me if i have say my sky HD connected or a media streamer connected via HDMI will the sound be through the HDMI cable to the TV or will it come thorough the speakers connected to the sr606.

Stupid question sorry.

Hi Stevo,

Yes sound will come out of your TX-SR 606 via HDMI from your SKY+ HD satellite receiver, however the best quality sound you will be able to get out of it using this method will be Dolby Stereo Sound.

I would advice that you use only HDMI connectivity between your SKy+ HD box and your AMP for Visual only and use an additional Tosslink (Optical) cable running between both for Audio.. This way you will benefit from Dolby Pro-Logic II & Dolby Digital Surround Sound Sources being output from the AMP... You will need to assign the Optical source to the HDMI input that your SKY+ HD is coming from to achieve this so both marry up at the Output stage from the AMP... (Should explain all in the instructions... or alternatively you can find specific menu settings for this dished around these forums)

Good luck and enjoy.. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom