Onkyo TX-SR606 Best Sound Settings?

Sledgehammer

Standard Member
Noob question.. but could someone who uses this amp, and knows how to get the best sound out of it give me some ideas of what the best setup is.

i have it hooked up to my media centre pc via optical, and to be honest only recently moved up for an old harmon karden amp that never supported digital or true dolby digital.

i just want to know what the best mode is for actual HD audio (i only have a 5.1 surround setup)...

anyone got a suggestions?

vader100

Noob question.. but could someone who uses this amp, and knows how to get the best sound out of it give me some ideas of what the best setup is.

i have it hooked up to my media centre pc via optical, and to be honest only recently moved up for an old harmon karden amp that never supported digital or true dolby digital.

i just want to know what the best mode is for actual HD audio (i only have a 5.1 surround setup)...

anyone got a suggestions?

First step to get HD audio is connect with HDMI, you won't get HD over optical.

logiciel

Then just try all the settings under the appropriate Listening Mode and select which sounds best to you.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom