Onkyo TX-SR605E

ldoodle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the TX-SR605E has the ability to output all inputs over the sinlge HDMI port, or does it just do this for the HDMI inputs..?

I need component to be output over HDMI as I only have the 1 cable to my display.

Thanks/...

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the TX-SR605E has the ability to output all inputs over the single HDMI port, or does it just do this for the HDMI inputs..?

I need component to be output over HDMI as I only have the 1 cable to my display.

Thanks/...

yes it can up convert component over hdmi

Jon

Is it possible to get it to pass the component signal through to the HDMI without doing any scaling on it? SkyHD connected to the 605 via component then output by HDMI looks a fair bit different to when connected directly to the panel.

Is it possible to get it to pass the component signal through to the HDMI without doing any scaling on it? Skihood connected to the 605 via component then output by HDMI looks a fair bit different to when connected directly to the panel.

Yes it will as in previous post component through the hdmi .. the amp will not upscale

Jon

So 720p into component should look almost exactly the same coming out of the HDMI? The image seems to be much 'redder' now coming through the amp. I havent fiddled with the TV settings yet so could just be that. Ideally id just like whatever goes into the component inputs to come out exactly the same on HDMI.

Thanks Jon

So 720p into component should look almost exactly the same coming out of the HDMI? The image seems to be much 'redder' now coming through the amp. I have fiddled with the TV settings yet so could just be that. Ideally id just like whatever goes into the component inputs to come out exactly the same on HDMI.

Thanks Jon

I think it should be near nuff...have not tried it my self:D

jon

Something else to be aware of is that the conversion from component to HDMI doesn't cope with 1080 input, i.e. if you fed 1080 via the component input you would only get 720 via the HDMI output.

Nother question - does it only output component over HDMI, or will it also do S-Video, Composite video etc..?

The 605 has a setting called "HDMI Monitor". When set to "No", composite video and S-Video inputs can be output via component video. When set to "Yes", composite video, S-Video and component video inputs can be output via HDMI.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom