Onkyo TX-SR605 problem

itstheh

Novice Member
I used to own an Onkyo TX-NR809 amp, but just before covid lockdown one of the transistors pooped itself and the amp went bang.

I work for myself, and as such over the whole of the UK covid lockdown I have been without one.

However, the other day I saw a real cheap one on ebay, its older, the TS-NR605 model as something is better than nothing eh!

I have wired it in and everything seems to be working fine, when I do a speaker test white noise it played through each speaker and can easily be heard

However, when I try and use the speaker distance setup mic (audessey I think) the sound that comes out of the speakers is far too low for the mic to pick up, I can barely hear it myself and have to move close to the speaker to do that

This happens on the 1st speaker it tries, front left, so I took the right hand speaker and swapped them over, same thing happened, then I replaced the speaker with one of the side speakers and the same happened again. So I assume its not a speaker issue, unless they all got issues at the same time.

Has anyone else ever heard of this? Can anyone offer some advice on what to do next? The speakers are Mordant shorts

It it a 7.1 setup, but I do not have the powered subwoofer on at the moment

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Hisense A7G, Zidoo Z1000 & Kudos Cardea C10 Reviews + Movie News and Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom