ONKYO TX-SR605 audio cuts out on ALL channel/sources after a few seconds

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by dennisv9, Nov 29, 2010.

Tags:
  1. dennisv9

dennisv9
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i've got a onkyo tx-sr605. the unit powers on fine etc., but i do not get any audio output (sound or alike) when playing any source (cd/dvd or tuner) over any speakeroutput (tried zone2; just frontspeakers) or over headphone jack (either with or without any speaker connected).

that is; when the unit is powered of for a (moderate) amount of time (seconds/minutes) i initially get audio over any source and over all channels; but after some time (seconds or a few minutes) audio drops out over all channels (headphone jack and/or speakers regardless of the source - cd/dvd, tuner etc. -).

it looks like it is automuting somehow (pressing the mute and unmute button didn't bring the sound back btw.)

i know there was something similar with the 575 series; some components came loose (at least needed resoldering). is there something similar with the 605? and which components are mentioned; i opened up the receiver. i see a lot (enough) pcb boards and components, but haven't got a clue were to look for what. any help is appreciated; since my receiver is completely useless.