Onkyo TX SR577 & Pana DMP BD60 connection problem

Fodda

I have the Panasonic BD60 blu-ray player which works with my Panasonic L37 G10 LCD TV perfectly when connected directly by HDMI cable.

This weekend, I bought the Onkyo TX SR577 and connected my Virgin + box and BD60 to it with HDMI cables, and then the HDMI out from the Onkyo directly to the TV. This is supposed to be the best way of getting HD pics and sound from what I've gathered here and elsewhere.

However... The BD60 refuses to play ball a lot of the time. The Virgin + box when selected on the Onkyo goes straight in every time when selected, but when I select the BD60 output , sometimes I get it straight away, and sometimes it just gives me white noise on screen but a good audio (I can hear the menu music, or soundtrack in Play mode).

Cycling through a few of the other Onkyo outputs, or sometimes selecting the Top Menu option in the BD60 will fix things... But not always. The TV always loses the video signal when the Stop button is pressed...

Any ideas what may be the problem? Need to adjust some kind of setting somewhere? Dodgy HDMI connection? Dodgy amp? I'm extrememly new to all this...

zirac

Standard Member
I'm having the same problem with the same set up. Onkyo TXSR577, Panasonic BD60 and Panasonic G10. Anyone have an idea what is wrong with it?

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom