1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Onkyo tx-sr502 versus Denon avr 1705

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by adDiction, Jan 7, 2005.

Tags:
  1. adDiction

adDiction

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :hiya: I'm new to these forums just wanted some opinions on these i will be buying one or the other i listened to the 502 its fabulous cant find a store here in calgary that will play the denon for me and one manager was a right prick about it today. The only difference i can see between these two amps is that the onkyo has one extra s-video and one extra optical in. I'd love to hear your thoughts thanks :D

2. adDiction

adDiction

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    er nobody has any thoughts on these amps pls post any thoughts on which you think is better for music and for movies.

3. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    The only problem is is this is aUK web site (mainly) and Onkyo have almost no showing in the UK market :( I would love to demo a few of there amps :D The 1705 is a good amp for the money (over here)

4. adDiction

adDiction

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well my brother in law lives in czech republic so i know a little bit about european setups. Scart cables etc modles are same in canada as there so all i was looking for was some thoughts onkyo is a very popular product in germany surprised not too many ppl know about it here.

5. Sulis

Sulis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    One of the problems Onkyo have as far as Home Cinema is concerned, especially with a plasma, is that they have no inbuilt audio delay for lip sync. Even on their £700 receivers. A bit daft, as they seem to have a very respectable sound.