Onkyo TX-SR333 mysterious feedback problem

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Diver66, Jun 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Diver66

Diver66
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    At the end of my rope with Onkyo. Currently have 5x Onkyo boxes of various vintages.

I have a brand new TX-SR333 that puts 5 seconds of what I can only describe as feedback or a bad buzzing sound every time I hit pause, fast forward on my TIVO DVR or when I switch digital inputs. Its replacing an older 5.1 Onkyo that did not and does not have this issue (Purchase the new one for HDMI switching old one back in place).

De-Bugging: I have gone as far as to disconnect everything (except for power) and started reconnecting the speakers. I quickly realized that when I connect the last of the 5x speakers, front LR, Center, Back LR (tried connecting in different orders as well) the system exhibits the issue when changing digital inputs, HDMI, DVD... I have plugged the unit directly into the wall and into a Monster cable power conditioner, same issue.

Spoke to Onkyo and they wanted me to disconnect the speakers and see if it makes the same noise...Huh...I realized that this conversation was going no place. Took the amp to a service center who after 2 months tells me nothing wrong and they cant reproduce issue.

The volume doesn't effect the noise of the buzz which is good but the buzz is startlingly loud clearly bad.

Anyone have any ideas besides never purchasing Onkyo again?