Question Onkyo TX-SR308 Finally bitten the dust?

Hotpl4te

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello Guys,

I have owned an Onkyo TX-SR308 for over 5 years now. I purchased it from Richer Sounds with 5 year super guarantee and during the first 5 years it has had the HDMI board replaced at least twice if not three times.

I am currently decorating, and just putting everything back together, but I can't get any sound out of my AMP what so ever. Sky HD or Blu Ray , makes no difference.
I have picture though. When the HDMI board failed previously it was sound but no Picture.
When I did connect everything together i am positive it was working for a few hours, then i sat on the remote and "puff". Sound went off, the Stand By light flashed several times, and the sound resumed from the TV speakers instead.

In the Setup I can't even get a test sound on any speaker (5.1). The Sub Woofer is not even coming on, instead it is staying in stand by, indicating no sound signal being received.

So, is it dead? Anything I can do with it? I won't repair it. but replace it.

If it is dead, what would be a suitable replacement? Circa £250-£300?

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Hi Paul

I'm in a similar position. My onkyo hasn't died yet but I hope a replacement might work better with newer hdmi equipment. Did you find a replacement for yours? Were you able to reuse the speakers?

Mine was faulty for the 3rd or 4th time and outside of 5 year warranty with Richer Sounds.
I ended up buying a
SONY
STRDN1050
from Richer Sounds. Its now obsolete as is the way of Electronics these days. Launched in Jan-April, over with by Autumn.
Its pretty good. Good enough for what I need and definitely better than the Onkyo

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom