• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Onkyo TX-NR809 operating temperature

jonboi15

Standard Member
Can anybody please inform me on the safe and maximum operating temperatures for this device. I am using the o-remote app to monitor the temperature and still have not heard the fans kick in. I am just ensuring that the fans are not faulty etc. so far my amp runs at around average of 50 degrees c

seanos

I just checked mine, currently running at 34 degrees, fans not running.

I believe Onkyo units tend to run hot, though this one seems to be a lot cooler than previous generations.

I've never heard the fans on the unit come on; I'm pretty sure the unit has been hotter in the past, I didn't know the oRemote app had temperature/fan info in it before now.

I can prob check again at the weekend when I typically run it all day, may get a better idea of temperature then.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom