Question Onkyo TX-NR809 Firmware upgrade causes loss of default input

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by mikeya, Apr 6, 2016.

1. mikeya

mikeya
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just did the latest Firmware upgrade on my Onkyo TX-NR809 AVR.

Since then on power up the AVR has switched to the TV/CD input, rather than the HDMI 2 input the the DVR is on, and where it was when I powered off the TV.

One aggravation is that the TV/CD input isn't even defined in setup and I have no device on the TV/CD port.

I've tried changing about every setting that could make difference, default port, pass through etc. Making TV/CD blank for HDMI, assigning it composite or component.

What does work is disabling RIHD, but then the AVR doesn't turn off or on with the TV. So the choice I have it to reach for a at every power up remote to correct the input choice, or power the TV and AVR separately.

ARRGH.

The power control for the TV and AVR worked perfectly in sync until I did the firmware upgrade.

Is anybody else having this problem?
    Any ideas?

(Yeah. I can prolly make a macro to power both for a remote but it was working with that.)

--Mike

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  2. Violator

Violator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +551
    Tried doing a factory reset?

3. Dolus

Dolus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +145
    I would have suggested a factory reset too but what concerns me is - I just did the latest Firmware upgrade on my Onkyo TX-NR809 AVR. - There has not been a firmware update for over two years 19/02/14 to be precise, so am wondering exactly what the OP might have downloaded and installed.

(It can be done I installed the wrong firmware on to a printer once an wondered why it was running a bit flaky.)