• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Onkyo TX-NR808 took a dump

Rockitman31

Novice Member
I suddenly am getting no sound at all from this AV receiver. TV doesn't recognize on any of the 3 HDMI inputs when I try to plug it in. I've had it since 2009. I guess i should be thankful I got this much out of it??

I was pulling my hair out as I just "cut the cord" from Comcast, and am trying to hook up Digital antenna and firestick and my sony blueray player and make it all work through the receiver. but it ain't happening.

I guess my first question, would be a recommendation for a decent AV receiver. Something between 500 to 1000 dollars. I have an older Mitsubishi DLP MB-S73A TV. It has HDMI inputs. Trying to figure out where everything will plug in. The antenna is a coax and my current receiver does not have an input for that. Do today's receivers accept coax tv antenna? I assume I also plug firestick in receiver as well as blueray? Everything was so easy with the Comcast box. Why does this have to be rocket science? So confusing.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom