• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Onkyo tx-nr709

paul123bc

Standard Member
Hi

I have this receiver and I have two problems with it. First when I put in the microphone for Audyessy the screen comes on as usual, then it asks if I want my speakers bi amped I make the selection for no Then it says powered zone and I say Not Act. I choose sepreate sub woofer.

I set the sub woofer to 75.

The problem is that when the Audessy microphone is listening to the speakers it gets stuck on my surround back right.

Then the the surround back left makes a noise but the highlighter on the screen still says its the surround back right.

It is like it is getting the back left mixed up with the back right. I have checked the wiring and it is definitley fine.

So it will not allow me to set up my 5.1 speaker system. I am thinking of tryting to get someone out to set it up properly becuase I think I am being stupid and mixed something up. However if there is something wrong I dont want to have to pay for the person to come out to say there is nothing they can do.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP.

The second problem is when I am trying to update the firmware and I plug in the usb and made the necessary changes to the amp error 14 comes up saying the media or usb is empty. But when i check my usb key on the computer it shows it has the files on it.

My computer is a mac but the usb ket is formatted in ms-dos fat so alll should be fine.

Please help. I can't go to any shop becuase most of the people dont seem to know what they are talking about. Please please help Thanks

Samurai303

If you have 5.1 you want to connect the surround speakers to surround left/right and not surround BACK left/right. This might be what is causing the confusion.

paul123bc

Standard Member
Thanks so much I tired it and it works brilliant. Big big help.

Do you have any idea why is it saying my usb is blank though?

Samurai303

Glad it helped. No idea with the usb though. Could you connect it to the network and do it online if it is supported? I don't have your amp or a mac so can't really help any more than that.

Ethixman

Standard Member
Hi,

In order to update your firmware firstly make sure the file you download onto your USB is not the zip file then only put on the three individual files not the folder as it will not open a folder. There are 3 files 2 very small and the third is about 24mb. I did mine from a MAC and downloaded onto a usb with just the three files and no probs. Hope that helps

Paul

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom